What did you use your sak for today?

I'm whittling a love spoon atm and I used the pen glad on my field master for the double helix refinement. Nearly at the sanding stage now so should be good in a couple days

Today, I used my SAK to re-do a garden hose repair, cutting the hose cleanly, and screwing in and tightening the screws to hold the insert for connecting a nozzle. Also used the knife to cut some dead flower stems off outside flowers, scrap a roasting pan, open a case of Coke (favorite soft drink of the house), pry up the lid from a can of veggies that was not completely cut around to open it, cutting the tags off a shirt, and opening mail. It got a workout. Can always depend on it.

a week ago:

20170528_184022_zpsfaxxdyd1.jpg

as a knife nut, had to do self-healing with a SAK today:

20170531_213629_zps4ueek0ul.jpg

20170531_213608_zpsy7nzvhu2.jpg

Today my Alox Cadet:
•Opened mail
•Whittled a stick to mark the spot that a turtle laid eggs on my property
•Cut some fresh asparagus
•Opened a beer
•Opened a package of ground beef
•Opened another beer

I used my Classic's scissors to trim a Bandaid (cut myself bad last week).

I've always got my Cadet and Classic in my pocket. Don't know what I'd do without 'em!

Cheers!

I used my tinker today to :
Breakdown some cardboard boxes.
Trim a couple of the flat cardboard pieces into the aproproate size for my target holder.
Cut a torn garden hose so i could put in a fitting with two male ends to stop the leak.
Used the can opener to pry out a piece of plastic in my camper shells sliding window track that was keeping it from latching.
Used the back mounted phillips to tighten the screws that secure the latch on my backyard gate.

I used my tinker today to :
Breakdown some cardboard boxes.
Trim a couple of the flat cardboard pieces into the aproproate size for my target holder.
Cut a torn garden hose so i could put in a fitting with two male ends to stop the leak.
Used the can opener to pry out a piece of plastic in my camper shells sliding window track that was keeping it from latching.
Used the back mounted phillips to tighten the screws that secure the latch on my backyard gate.
You certainly gave the Tinker a workout. That's what it's for.

Today, I used my Vic Adventurer (side locking 105mm, Tinker essentially), to cut some little root shoots off a creye myrtle tree, cut up some broccoli plants in the garden, cut open another case of Coke cans, open a box of cat food, open a package at Walmart to get out the alarm strip before I left the building (after paying), clean up a pipe bowl, and cut up a few boxes, open a rare bottle of Miller GDB (I was craving a beer for a change)...... sharpened it too. Probably used it for mail and some other odds and ends; it gets used all the time.

Used a scissors to cut the tags off a shirt and pair of shorts. Been known to slice the garment with my sak doing that.

My Climber's small screwdriver (at the end of the can opener) finished off the last pistachios in the bag. When these nuts don't pop open and remain clamped shut, the SAK always saves the day!:)

I've already opened a beer with my Alox Cadet. Shortly I'll go to the garden and cut a big bunch of fresh arugula, then go out in the yard to cut a mess of wild black trumpet mushrooms. Gonna grizzle up some steaks and may well employ the Cadet for more bottle opening ;-)
Happy 4th, Everybody.
Cheers!

Not today, but yesterday. We bought a used bike and there was some sort of strapping wrapped around one of the petals. I got most of it off with my Benchmade, but then the spacing got too tight. The pen blade on my Champion Plus was perfect for the job!

Today I used my vic manager to:
  1. open a new beach toy for my boy
  2. open a beer
  3. trim up some roasting sticks for marshmallows ( not usually a job I would use such a small blade for but it worked like a champ)

The Vic soldier I carry daily gets a certain amount of use from time to time but yesterday it was called upon to do a little more than usual. Our vegetable garden's hose sprung a leak (again) so the Vic was put into action eliminating the offending leak and the garden was then properly watered. After that my sister-in-law asked if I would assemble her new outdoor table. The table came package in a substantial amount of cardboard and banded with 6 nylon straps. Inside it was held together with a couple dozen plastic zip ties and protected by yards of paper wrapped in light tape. Like the trooper it is the Vic cut each of the nylon straps, the zip ties and tape with nothing more than short easy push strokes. One of the best things about Vic soldiers is the ease of keeping them razor sharp. The zip ties almost seemed to jump off the table's packaging when that little pocket razor was brought into play and a nice table was assembled in no time with very little effort.

Last edited:
My Buck 110 did most of the serious work today but my Cadet was there to open a few beers. Removed a splinter or two with the tweezers from my beloved Classic, too.
Don't know what I'd do without these SAKs, love em so much!
Cheers!

Back