What did you use your SAK for today?

Wilfred, looks like you've got a faithful old friend there.
Love to see knives with good honest wear.
New stuff is boring.
It is a shame to see knives not used the Swiss army knife is built to last having said that, I have a Swiss Champ put away that my wife gave me the day before our wedding....I did carry it in church at my wedding :). I got my groomsmen an alox each. I'm glad to say they use them.
jyorgYp.jpg

Last edited:
I normally don’t carry one but I found a knock off leatherman in a drawer somewhere and decided to carry it today.
I get to work and find that my can opener seemed to somehow just walk off. I opened 3 #10 cans of black beans with the manual opener on my Multi-Tool.
It REALLY saved my butt today. I would have lost money today had I not arbitrarily put it in my pocket.
A couple days ago I ordered a Wave plus and I can already tell it was a great investment.

Not SAK but my Leatherman T4 has been cutting things, drilling holes with awl and evening edges with the file this week at work... oh, and also trimmed my fingernails today that started to bug me. It’s quite hard to justify carrying ”plain knife” with this much utility.

Used mine a bit, the pliers on my ranger grip are very handy, picking up dicarded tissues and rubbish, teenagers are the worst shot, always missing the bin.
Cut up some boxes, opened some bags and sliced up dried cow's ear for the dog.

We recently remodeled our home, and had to move out for a couple months and all of our stuff went into storage, including my can opener.

We are back in the house, and I began cooking up some spaghetti gravy, and discovered I had no can opener!

Out came my trusty Vic Waiter, and saved the day opening 6 cans of stewed tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, and a can of tomato paste. Then, I needed to open a bottle of merlot (I use that in my sauce) and of course, the nice corkscrew was in a box somewhere. Vic Waiter to the rescue again!!

Made me smile, actually, and I wanted to post it here.

DSC_7446.JPG

DSC_7619.JPG

best

mqqn

We recently remodeled our home, and had to move out for a couple months and all of our stuff went into storage, including my can opener.

We are back in the house, and I began cooking up some spaghetti gravy, and discovered I had no can opener!

Out came my trusty Vic Waiter, and saved the day opening 6 cans of stewed tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, and a can of tomato paste. Then, I needed to open a bottle of merlot (I use that in my sauce) and of course, the nice corkscrew was in a box somewhere. Vic Waiter to the rescue again!!

Made me smile, actually, and I wanted to post it here.

DSC_7446.JPG

DSC_7619.JPG

best

mqqn

That waiter looks like it’s seen some use over the years:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Used the flat screwdriver/opener on my Small Tinker to replace the battery in my Moms door bell.. Popped the button housing off the door frame then popped the battery out.. Replaced the battery then reinstalled the button housing back on the door frame.. Job Done!!:D
John

Used my SAK Alox Cadet to slice an apple at lunch and to open the mail and discover that my AT&T TV, Internet, and Phone bill increased another 7.13% from last month!

Back