What did you use your sebenza for today?

I can say I'll never use a good knife on ceiling tile again. Several months ago I used a 21 tanto to trim a piece. It really chewed up the forward part of the primary edge and now it stays dull right along that spot. It still hasn't sharpened out, even with a little bit of diamond rod treatment, but I don't want to take off that much material at once just to get rid of it so it's gonna be there for a while.

I can say I'll never use a good knife on ceiling tile again. Several months ago I used a 21 tanto to trim a piece. It really chewed up the forward part of the primary edge and now it stays dull right along that spot. It still hasn't sharpened out, even with a little bit of diamond rod treatment, but I don't want to take off that much material at once just to get rid of it so it's gonna be there for a while.
Just regular drop ceiling tile? I’ve never had any problems with it. Cutting banding on conduit all day, scraped stickers with spine in a pinch, and pulling end caps off rigid CE38FBBB-922B-472E-83D9-07528D836BDD.jpeg966C115A-4FBA-4957-82AC-73466E96DD8A.jpeg7D9D89DC-912C-4193-9138-156A3E1611B1.jpeg17D0BE82-97C3-4C98-A303-564E93BCB284.jpeg782816D4-EBC8-454E-BC97-BDECE972ECB4.jpeg

Just regular drop ceiling tile? I’ve never had any problems with it.
Yeah. Building was only about 20 years old so it's not like it was some kind of old time mystery plaster or something. Really did a number on it though.

qULNO3c.jpg

Yeah. Building was only about 20 years old so it's not like it was some kind of old time mystery plaster or something. Really did a number on it though.

qULNO3c.jpg
Dang. I’m about to the point of sharpening my natural inkosi. Been over a month of use now, and it wasn’t freshly sharpened when i started using it

DC, if you did that job with a Micarta inkosi, do you think the micarta would have gotten stained? Does it wash out? I don't have much experience with micarta.

DC, if you did that job with a Micarta inkosi, do you think the micarta would have gotten stained? Does it wash out? I don't have much experience with micarta.
I’ve personally never noticed any staining on any of my micarta inlays. That entire place is nothing but a grease trap everyday no matter what you do. I’ve worked there off and on for a year and no noticeable staining. I work in a lot of greasy, dirty, grimy places and no staining that I can tell

I can't compete with Dcdavis, but today I used my large 21 to help conduct a visolite test on our dust collector system. Specifically, to cut an empty oil jug in half to serve as a handy receptacle for the florescent powder.

HUSpROo.jpg
No competition at all man, I’m just lucky to have a career that gives me plenty of opportunities to use mine. I’m always glad to see CRKs being worked/used. That’s what they’re made for

No other knives I've ever used struck such a balance between cutting ability and the toughness for me to be confident it can handle whatever I throw at it.

UQec2Ui.jpg
Tanto blade or just CRKs in general?

No competition at all man, I’m just lucky to have a career that gives me plenty of opportunities to use mine. I’m always glad to see CRKs being worked/used. That’s what they’re made for

100%! :thumbsup: Love seeing all your photos. Too many CRK knives sit unused.

Tanto blade or just CRKs in general?
CRKs in general.

Back