What did you use your sebenza for today?

I pretty sure the electrical grid would shut down without you and your CRKs

Let it be known by all………I don’t think anyone has used more gorgeous, fancy CRKs, for more hard-use tasks than you my friend. You win! The rest of us are pretenders!

Cleaning the hardened steel of your coffee grinder with the fine tip of the polished blade of a Spalted Beach 21 pretty much tops everything that makes knife people’s hair stand up.
Haha. Hell I’m not the only one around here who uses CRKs for work daily. I know what you do for a living as well. And I’ve seen your Damascus thread ;)

The grinder really wasn’t all that bad. Just scraping out grounds I couldn’t get out. Even with all that use I could send any CRK I have to the spa and have them fix the cosmetic blemishes and hand it to someone and they’ve never know the difference. Mechanically they hold up extremely well. Which I’m sure you know

Haha. Hell I’m not the only one around here who uses CRKs for work daily. I know what you do for a living as well. And I’ve seen your Damascus thread ;)

The grinder really wasn’t all that bad. Just scraping out grounds I couldn’t get out. Even with all that use I could send any CRK I have to the spa and have them fix the cosmetic blemishes and hand it to someone and they’ve never know the difference. Mechanically they hold up extremely well. Which I’m sure you know
I didn’t think to take pictures, but I was stripping 500 MCM with my 25 today. Not exactly a spalted beech 21, but it held up like a champ.

How does the 21 compare to the Inkosi?

And what do you prefer, Insingo blades or drop point, doing the stuff you do?
In all honesty I can’t really say one is better than the other. Just for me the Inkosi feels a little more heavy duty. Thicker blade, big pivot, big washers. I prefer the Inkosi but I can get by more than fine with either or. 21 is a better slicer. The Inkosi finger grooves either fit or they don’t. I heard people who hate them but they don’t bother me. 21 is a more neutral handle.

As far as drop point or Insingo, I’m going with insingo. For work/utility purposes it’s really hard to beat. That being said I can make it all day just fine with a drop point or even a Tanto.

Reactions: 353
Roast beef dinner with vegetables cooked alongside. Prepared by my wife and cut up with my Sebenza 25.

Yesterday, in my house, my toilet broke 2 hours before my daughters birthday party with 10 guest coming over, the day before my dishwasher pump jammed solid (on an unpopped popcorn kernel), and tonight a pipe connecting to our bathroom faucet burst and started flooding the upstairs. For an electrician, that’s an awful lot of emergency plumbing repairs to do over the course of three days.

Thankfully, I managed to fix all the disasters, so my wife cooked me a roast out of thanks, or sympathy, or a bit of both.

CjveDCW.jpg

Dcdavis Dcdavis I look forward to these pics!
Thanks man
I find the shingle cutting extremely triggering!

😬
Haha. It actually went really easy. Kinda laid it on its side and it wasn’t as abrasive as normal. Had storm damage and putting a new riser up. My hole saw pilot bit wouldn’t go through all the way from the bottom so had to cut a little bit of shingle out to find it, then drill from the top down. Stripped all the feeds afterwards and still cut just fine

When I saw the first photo I thought… OH NO HE SNAPPED HIS BLADE ON A BRICK. Then I looked closer and realized it was a shingle. Viewing photos on a phone has its downsides… lol. My buddy was sheetrocking with his inkosi
Haven’t snapped this one yet haha

Back