What did you use your sebenza for today?

I gotta hand it to you, you're my hero. I wish I had the guts to use any of my knives like that. I know the wire is softer then the steel but something about the blade running against it bothers me lol.
Haha. Yea the copper is softer than the blade. Stabbing the bag of quikrete prolly dulled the edge more than the wire. Go ahead and use them man, you’re not hurting them by any means. They’re built to be worked, and I thoroughly enjoy working them. As soon as that red Inkosi arrives put it in your pocket and never look back. Don’t let me encourage you tho ;)

Last edited:
How often do you have to sharpen your working blades? I break down cardboard, cut tape, pick splinters and maybe I'll start stripping wires lol, daily
I don’t sharpen a whole lot honestly. I rotate several so a benefit of that is not having to sharpen as much. I don’t have to have mine shaving sharp at all times.

Here’s one that may give you nightmares. We came over to my dads tonite, I hear my three year old son yell “daddy we need your sharp knife”. My dad had ran over a feed sack with the lawnmower. So as we speak my Crk is being wielded blindly under the lawnmower deck cutting out a deer corn feed sack, hitting all kinds of metal I’m sure :D

How often do you have to sharpen your working blades? I break down cardboard, cut tape, pick splinters and maybe I'll start stripping wires lol, daily
I usually touch my edges up once a month, or two months. I don’t mind a working edge. I use to sit down and sharpen them every Sunday but not anymore. They are awesome working knives!

I don’t sharpen a whole lot honestly. I rotate several so a benefit of that is not having to sharpen as much. I don’t have to have mine shaving sharp at all times.

Here’s one that may give you nightmares. We came over to my dads tonite, I hear my three year old son yell “daddy we need your sharp knife”. My dad had ran over a feed sack with the lawnmower. So as we speak my Crk is being wielded blindly under the lawnmower deck cutting out a deer corn feed sack, hitting all kinds of metal I’m sure :D
Hahaha oh god. I’m going to get another beer and pray for you.

Photos of that edge please!

Hahaha oh god. I’m going to get another beer and pray for you.

:eek: I truly appreciate that. Hell I couldn’t say no. I already catch enough flack from him about expensive knives. Sure as hell couldn't not give it to him. Couldn’t look weak in front of my son either haha

Sunday used to be my day as well. I don’t get as crazy about sharpening as I used to

Photos of that edge please!

6C850CBE-99E6-4FFA-B94F-4A70A262F118.jpeg Ive had a lot worse. Not even any chips in there, other than little microchips if you really zoom in

6F0BB2B6-AA0E-447F-81DB-03447C2F778B.jpeg C9F60A48-D62B-4534-BEE5-96CA177D9BB1.jpeg F2CD079D-C313-4CF5-BE81-3440CB21E1D6.jpeg D112D241-E0BE-4365-8D34-AA5227D72CD1.jpeg 23613989-BCF8-4901-B3E1-8CD4B4BE87A6.jpeg 672CF21B-0C25-480B-ABFC-B36EB1DA2594.jpeg E8F881C6-DAE5-4787-A4E1-283349345881.jpeg 1F50ACA0-E20C-40AD-817A-3F53BC949BF9.jpeg 7494FA9E-23BC-4EF8-A1EF-AA5AA5BFDBEB.jpeg 78E99EBF-B5AA-49BA-A2F8-C922A56FE43B.jpeg Stripped some Cat6 and speaker wire, opened some packages and envelope, unnecessarily opened a brownie wrapper. Panel cover was painted to the wall, had to score the wall so it didn’t pull the paint when taking the cover off. Cut some tape off of a roll of ceiling grid wire. Ran a little conduit early this morning, used the swedge of the Insingo to scrape the stickers off

Last edited:
View attachment 1355975 View attachment 1355976 View attachment 1355977 View attachment 1355978 View attachment 1355979 View attachment 1355980 View attachment 1355981 View attachment 1355982 View attachment 1355983 View attachment 1355985 Stripped some Cat6 and speaker wire, opened some packages and envelope, unnecessarily opened a brownie wrapper. Panel cover was painted to the wall, had to score the wall so it didn’t pull the paint when taking the cover off. Cut some tape off of a roll of ceiling grid wire
I take it razor knives have no place in your tool set? Lol

I take it razor knives have no place in your tool set? Lol
Haha. I have no need for one really. I have a couple but they never get used. The Insingo blade shape basically does everything a razor is good at. The only time I use my Klein stripping knife is if it’s stripping hot wires because of the insulated handle.

Just got home and opening up a slide for little man that was delivered. Looks like 907019581042 individual packages and bolts:eek:

4A4A0B7D-E6E3-4463-9B4D-C20E8D99A659.jpeg7CB8C319-8A88-4AB2-9BF3-DE25DD2EE551.jpeg

Last edited:
Really? Stripping wires seem to fight me if I'm not razor sharp. Usually give mine a couple passes on the stone once a week.

Back