What Did You Use Your Sebenza For Today ???

nyefmaker

Gold Member
Here is a fun thread. "What did you use your sebenza for today" ??? My wife decided to paint the dinning room today :eek:, so I used my small vines sebenza to cut the blue painters tape and to stuff the tape in the grooves.......I am probably the only person that has used a $400 knife to cut painters tape....

This is cheating a bit, 'cause the story's from a different ski day. After a pretty good tumble, I noticed that my ski binding toe piece, which can release in 2 axes, as opposed to 1) had released in a particularly un-common mode. The springs were too stiff for my frozen hands to overcome, and I used my closed large Sebenza to hammer the toe piece back into place.

Cut some fibreglass tape into strips while fixing a broken skeg on one of my kayaks today. Also cut some zip-ties on a new cable snip for the same skeg repair.

I am probably the only person that has used a $400 knife to cut painters tape....

Not on this forum! Cut some blue painters tape just last week.....

Actually, my Seb does not seem to get enough use so I am expanding its duties....now using it for some simple food prep...today, cut my bagel....

Yesterday, whittled a marshmallow stick for my kids...

Lets see, cut my sub roll open, spread the mayo, then cut her in half. After that we opened diapers and cut all the cardboard up for the recycle bin.

The night is still young :D

Owe, I have also used a Sebbie to cut painters tape. Infact I will one up ya' :D

I have used a $800 Damascus Sebbie to build our kids playset. :D

Used my seb today to clean my roter in my distributor cap of my beatle. And opened a bunch of envelopes.

I did some heavy duty cutting with my large CGG Classic this morning- split a couple english muffins. ;)

Opening bags of salt for my driveway!

Hope everyone who's got snow enjoys the snow! I've got some to spare, and can ship you some if you need any. Ooops, wait, that's borderline spamming!

Professor.

Snow, what's that? :D

I just used my large 21 to defend myself against a pecan praline attack (darn things are waaay too sweet to properly dispose of in one sitting). :p ;)

Last edited:
Used the scraper on my Umnumzaan to get a bunch of scotch tape off a floor and cut many cardboard boxes up.

I used my small seb 21 to open the FedEx box of my latest knife purchase (a Strider SnG). Not to worry though, as my newest knife hasn't usurped my right pocket yet....

Made another sub at lunch, then cut our kiddies food up. Peeled and cut an apple.

Later on, Mrs. So-Lo did some cleaning and found a few cardboard boxes. So the BG42 eat them for dinner :D Now she's sleeping in my pocket...

i opened a new toy for my daughter.
opened some envelopes.
opened some boxes.

other than that, i just played with it. a lot. :) my knife guys, my knife.

Cut open my lunch. Sliced up some packing foam, just for the fun of using the knife. Just missed my finger fooling around..

pealed an apple and scraped/cut some fines off a balcone.

well, this is from yesterday, but one, I carried it as usual and two I used it to open a really big box and to cut a taped on sign off. Hopefully that makes sense:confused:

Back