What did your SAK do today?

Used the knife blade on the Wenger SI to remove the cracked scales of a Victorinox Rambler and to open several envelopes. Used the can opener/small screwdriver on the SI to remove some staples.

I was changing out some hinges on equipment at work today. When I tried to put one of the screws back in, there was some flashing or burr left over from when the hole was tapped. It prevented the threads from catching. Used the punch to break it off. The screw went in with no problem.

Ric

Used my Pioneer to slice up an apple, pry some stones from the tread of my boots, and most importantly, pop the cap off a wobbly-pop after work.

I used my Farmer to remove a tachometer from a power turbine, split it's shim and replace it. Mmmhmm.

RMK40392EricPipeWrenchJun2009-2.jpg

Used the large flathead screwdriver on my Climber to remove the handle from a badly leaking hot water faucet when I returned last night from a week out of state. Discovered a broken valve and called my friend who is a plumber. Usually when I attempt plumbing repairs I end up with more trouble than when I began.

Used my modified Vic Compact combo tool to pry off a snapware lid when I microwaved it and then it sucked down and vacuum sealed so tight I couldn't pry it off with my bare hands. Used the blade to clean the pin cap off a tube of superglue, used the tweezers to pluck old man hairs off my ears, used the pen under the hook to stabilize when a full sized pen wasn't available.

Started to rip a coupon out of the flyer for savings at the restaurant where I met a friend for lunch today, then I remembered the Victorinox Classic on my keyring. Scissors gave a much tidier result.

keyringVics_zps5124b531.jpg

Used the large flathead screwdriver on my Climber (interestingly enough) to pry climbing tendrils of ivy off the bricks of my patio wall.

It is the bottom one in the picture.

VicNylonsDec2a.jpg

I was out driving a couple of days ago on a very narrow road in an Australian rain forest, Barrington Tops National Park. A hanging vine snagged the mirror on the rented HiAce and the mirror 'fell' off, only dangling there by the power cables. So I took out my trusty Victorinox Stylus and cut the mirror free so it wouldn't keep banging on the side of the van. :)

I carry my Victorinox SwissTool RS (seen below with my Huntsman) in my bookbag, so it goes just about everywhere I do. Both Friday evening and earlier this evening I used the cap lifter to open a refreshing locally brewed malt beverage as I sat on the patios of a couple of favorite stores.

VicSwissToolHuntsmanb.jpg

My Deluxe Tinker had a day of rest. Just sat in my belt pouch and took the day off :)

Rich

I used the blade of my Recruit as a mirror to see if I chipped a tooth. Happy to say my teef are all good :)

Well that is certainly good news, Matt. Wasn't there a thread a while back about undocumented uses of SAK tools? I don't recall reading about the mirror use!

Well that is certainly good news, Matt. Wasn't there a thread a while back about undocumented uses of SAK tools? I don't recall reading about the mirror use!

I always keep one side of my SAK blades nice and polished for this purpose :D

All my compact did today was opened my mail (gearwrench toolset) then broke down that box, cut a handful of those plastic straps boxes come wrapped in and broke down about 10 boxes at work then cut some air hose while I was installing air horns on my pickup. Then the tweezers fixed an annoying ingrown hair. I'd say it was a good day.

Back