What do you carry at work?

Comeuppance

Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary
One knife? Two knives? Which knives?

I work retail at a locally-owned store, and there is no knife policy to speak of. Thus, I carry whatever I damned well feel like carrying :)

These days, it's a Kershaw Ram on the left, and a ZT 0561 on the right. Before that, Tenacious/Digicam Black PM2, and before that, Endura Wave/Manix2 XL.

Those cardboard boxes never knew what was coming.

I work in an office and carry a small insingo. Much ore than that and it'll scare my co-workers heh

Benchmade mini grip with a sheepsfoot blade. Mainly used for cardboard and other odd job tasks. 154 CM blade. This knife has held up great, especially for the price.

Crimson digicam PM2 right front pocket, Leatherman Wave in a belt pouch right back hip, and either an Opinel 8 in pocket or a SAK Huntsman in a second pouch.

Becker bk11 in the duty belt. Manix or paramilitary in the pocket.

Last edited:
I always carry my izula 2 and my SAK, but i tend to leave the ESEE in the pocket at work and pull the SAK out for sheeple's sake. Just depends on what i have to do.

Whatever I feel like, there's a completely ignored, unenforced knife policy on the truck and none at all at the other office.

Ten inch breaking knife, 6 inch boning knife (Meatcutter), and a benchmade of some flavor.

I have an alox SAK with me always. I also carry a large sebenza insingo in a leather pouch in my pocket.

i just carry my PM2 lately even though in the last month i've gotten four new knives. i like it so much i don't want to leave home without it. honestly, i never thought about carrying more than one....hmmm....interesting...

i just carry my PM2 lately even though in the last month i've gotten four new knives. i like it so much i don't want to leave home without it. honestly, i never thought about carrying more than one....hmmm....interesting...

I've carried two for a few years now, and for a few reasons:
Convenience - I sometimes am holding something with my right hand and need to cut it with my left.
Function - Carrying two knives with different grinds has proved useful; one for utility cutting and one for fine cutting.
Social aspects - The left-hand knife is usually smaller and less terrifying than my right-hand knife. The size difference is good for differing cutting tasks as well.

My work says no knives but I get away with carrying a Leatherman ST300, it is really all I need and it does get used alot.

I carry whatever I want: today I had a 7OT on my belt, a Boker Krein pocket Bowie in my right back pocket, a Case back pocket in a home made wallet in my left rear pocket and a Case 6375 in my right front pocket. I don't need this many but I love knives and I love carrying them.

I was (till retired) a commercial refrigeration tech and for years I carried a Buck Stockman. I used the knife for everything up to and including cutting wire at times. I found myself with only one free hand often so I switched to a Case XX with a 3.5 inch blade. I still carry one of the two most days as an EDC.

A Kershaw chill (usually back pocket) and a Rat1 usually front left. Try to keep them covered so folks don't see them hanging out by the pocket clips. If I can't cover them I just slip them in my pockets.

I hardly ever need to use a knife at work....

on edit: now carrying a Cryo 1 instead of the Rat. Just got it a few days ago...

Last edited:
When I used to work I carried lotsa diferent knives I was in the trades so I always had need for knives but the 2 that saw the most time and actually still to this day, The Aikuchi's in my RR Pocket attached with a sheathed static ball chain attached to a belt loop so all i have to do is pull on the handle and the chain holds the friction sheath behind allowing me to deep pocket carry and retrieve my knife 1 handed.

The Other bein' my Pat Crawford Framelock which sits clipped RF or tucked into my wallet.

attachment.php

The company where I work has no restrictions so I carry whatever I want. My carry knives have moved from 3" blades a few years ago to around 3.5" blades now. I work in an office so I could probably get by with a pretty small knife, I carry larger ones because I can and because I want to.

Below is the latest photo of my EDC rotation, and I have several more on my wish list to add to it.

IMG_2783b_zps719441d5.jpg

Back