What do you carry at work?

For the past year and a half, I was carrying only a DLC Para 2. Before that it was a Delica 4 ffg, and now I dont go to work without a Southard in my pocket. I do commercial plumbing, and usually use my knives pretty hard everyday(cutting fiberglass pipe insulation, thick rubber, zip ties, silicon, drywall, cardboard etc... And find that the CTS 204p is incredible. I had to sharpen up my vg10 Delica every day after work, my s30v Para 2 every couple days and haven't even touched up the edge on my Southard since I sharpened it the first time 3 weeks ago and it still pops hair. I love this friggen knife!

I work at a paper mill and I carry a Benchmade Mini Grip and a victorinox farmer. They even hand out fixed blade papermakers knives at the storeroom if you want them. And I have gotten free knives from vendors from time to time.

Alox Cadet, I love this thing... It's changed my life...

imagedgq.jpg

I'm a Security Consultant for corporate and retail outlets.

It depends on how I'm dressed for the day but I have a large EDC rotation.

If I'm dressed more casual(slacks & tucked in polo) then ill carry something on the smaller side(SOG Bluto, Kershaw Scallion, Boker Albatros, etc).

If I'm dressed down then ill carry something medium to large(Benchmade Osborne 940BK, SOG Flash II, Benchmade Stryker 905).

Regardless of where I am or what I'm wearing, I'm always carrying.

Blue M390 Para2 95% of the time, for the entire year that I've had it.
I work in an office, but can carry whatever I like. That's what I like.

I have a small knife rotation: several slipjoints and small locking folders such as sebenzas. My knife depends on my outfit:)

-4 ounce chemical spray.
-Ruger P89 (9mm) with 15-round magazine. 147-grain Remington Golden Sabers are my ammunition choice.
-Two spare 15-round magazines.
-Cold Steel XL Voyager, Vaquero, waved.
-Leatherman Wave in a belt sheath.
-Spyderco Resilience.
-Kershaw Piston.
-Cold Steel Kobun.
-Gerber EAB (my box cutter).
-Two spare handcuff keys.
-Fenix flashlight. I forget the model. It's a three-mode clicky, about 160 lumens on high.
-First Aid Kit.
-Springfield M1A SOCOM 16 when outside. EOTech HHS II site, 20-round magazine, Black Hills 168 grain Match BTHP ammunition.
-When I have the M1A, four spare 20-round magazines come with me.

I also carry a backpack with me, my EDC pack, but it stays in the car. When not working, my equipment changes a little bit.

I work maintenance. Mostly a SAK or Leatherman. I have carried Moras, Becker Necker, Izula.

Pretty much whatever I usually EDC. I like to have a XM18 for most tasks.

-4 ounce chemical spray.
-Ruger P89 (9mm) with 15-round magazine. 147-grain Remington Golden Sabers are my ammunition choice.
-Spyderco Resilience.
-Kershaw Piston.
-Cold Steel Kobun.
-Fenix flashlight. I forget the model. It's a three-mode clicky, about 160 lumens on high.
-First Aid Kit.
-Springfield M1A SOCOM 16 when outside. EOTech HHS II site, 20-round magazine, Black Hills 168 grain Match BTHP ammunition.

I also carry a backpack with me, my EDC pack, but it stays in the car. When not working, my equipment changes a little bit.

You either work in an embassy constantly under siege or this is a great troll.

-4 ounce chemical spray.
-Spyderco Resilience.
-Kershaw Piston.
-Cold Steel Kobun.
-First Aid Kit.

The ghost of gecko45...

I carry a Shirogorov Model 95 or Hinderer XM-18 plus the usual taser x26, baton, and H&K at the minimum.

IMG_1968_zps8aa15907.jpg

You either work in an embassy constantly under siege or this is a great troll.
Neither. I've been here since November 2004, with almost 3200 posts and 100% positive Feedback in the trading sub-forums. I don't think I'm a troll. Most of the "regulars" here know what I do for a living.

The ghost of gecko45...
Nope. I have legitimate reasons for carrying such things. You mentioned carrying a Blur or Knockout for work; which Blur do you prefer?

Last edited:
I have a h1 dragonfly that i clip to my butchers apron at work, and either a pm2 or a southard in my pockets. Most of the time a wenger standard issue in my back pocket as well.

Benchmade Griptilian Tanto Black Blade during work and Small Sebenza 21 for after work EDC

Back