1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

What do you carry at work?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Comeuppance, Feb 11, 2013.

1. rororo64

rororo64

Sep 5, 2010
    For the past year and a half, I was carrying only a DLC Para 2. Before that it was a Delica 4 ffg, and now I dont go to work without a Southard in my pocket. I do commercial plumbing, and usually use my knives pretty hard everyday(cutting fiberglass pipe insulation, thick rubber, zip ties, silicon, drywall, cardboard etc... And find that the CTS 204p is incredible. I had to sharpen up my vg10 Delica every day after work, my s30v Para 2 every couple days and haven't even touched up the edge on my Southard since I sharpened it the first time 3 weeks ago and it still pops hair. I love this friggen knife!

2. Phi Sig

Phi Sig

Oct 15, 2006
    I work at a paper mill and I carry a Benchmade Mini Grip and a victorinox farmer. They even hand out fixed blade papermakers knives at the storeroom if you want them. And I have gotten free knives from vendors from time to time.

3. Smokinape

Smokinape

Jan 21, 2011
    Alox Cadet, I love this thing... It's changed my life...

[​IMG]

4. TacOpsEDC

TacOpsEDC

Feb 11, 2013
    I'm a Security Consultant for corporate and retail outlets.

It depends on how I'm dressed for the day but I have a large EDC rotation.

If I'm dressed more casual(slacks & tucked in polo) then ill carry something on the smaller side(SOG Bluto, Kershaw Scallion, Boker Albatros, etc).

If I'm dressed down then ill carry something medium to large(Benchmade Osborne 940BK, SOG Flash II, Benchmade Stryker 905).

Regardless of where I am or what I'm wearing, I'm always carrying.

5. tjswarbrick

tjswarbrick

Mar 31, 2011
    Blue M390 Para2 95% of the time, for the entire year that I've had it.
    I work in an office, but can carry whatever I like. That's what I like.

6. JBoone

JBoone Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Mnandi or peanut is all that I need for the office.

7. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I have a small knife rotation: several slipjoints and small locking folders such as sebenzas. My knife depends on my outfit:)

8. JNieporte

JNieporte

Nov 1, 2004
    -4 ounce chemical spray.
    -Ruger P89 (9mm) with 15-round magazine. 147-grain Remington Golden Sabers are my ammunition choice.
    -Two spare 15-round magazines.
    -Cold Steel XL Voyager, Vaquero, waved.
    -Leatherman Wave in a belt sheath.
    -Spyderco Resilience.
    -Kershaw Piston.
    -Cold Steel Kobun.
    -Gerber EAB (my box cutter).
    -Two spare handcuff keys.
    -Fenix flashlight. I forget the model. It's a three-mode clicky, about 160 lumens on high.
    -First Aid Kit.
    -Springfield M1A SOCOM 16 when outside. EOTech HHS II site, 20-round magazine, Black Hills 168 grain Match BTHP ammunition.
    -When I have the M1A, four spare 20-round magazines come with me.

I also carry a backpack with me, my EDC pack, but it stays in the car. When not working, my equipment changes a little bit.

9. BigBill5953

BigBill5953

Mar 5, 2012
    Spyderco Delica, Victorinox Alox Cadet, and just added a Leatherman Juice S2.

10. combatjiujitsu

combatjiujitsu Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 26, 2009
    A delica of one flavor or another :)

11. ReactiveEdge

ReactiveEdge

Feb 12, 2013
    Benchmade 520 Presidio, trusted companion for over 4 yrs and a Microtech UTX-70 DE.

12. TheGent

TheGent

Aug 3, 2009
    I work maintenance. Mostly a SAK or Leatherman. I have carried Moras, Becker Necker, Izula.

13. Zookie

Zookie

Jan 26, 2012
    Pretty much whatever I usually EDC. I like to have a XM18 for most tasks.

14. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    You either work in an embassy constantly under siege or this is a great troll.

15. cncpro11

cncpro11

May 28, 2012
    The ghost of gecko45...

16. Usagee

Usagee

Oct 23, 2011
    I carry a Shirogorov Model 95 or Hinderer XM-18 plus the usual taser x26, baton, and H&K at the minimum.

[​IMG]

17. JNieporte

JNieporte

Nov 1, 2004
    Neither. I've been here since November 2004, with almost 3200 posts and 100% positive Feedback in the trading sub-forums. I don't think I'm a troll. Most of the "regulars" here know what I do for a living.

Nope. I have legitimate reasons for carrying such things. You mentioned carrying a Blur or Knockout for work; which Blur do you prefer?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  18. gentry738

gentry738

Sep 26, 2010
    I have a h1 dragonfly that i clip to my butchers apron at work, and either a pm2 or a southard in my pockets. Most of the time a wenger standard issue in my back pocket as well.

19. SideTracked

SideTracked

Oct 6, 2012
    For work I carry a delica. Lightweight, sturdy and reliable.

20. willywills

willywills The Lone Wanderer Platinum Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Benchmade Griptilian Tanto Black Blade during work and Small Sebenza 21 for after work EDC