What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KUVWVqV.jpg

I have a lot of folders as well that have sucked up some money, too. Nothing like Adian - just some semi-customs and a rainbow of makers.

Got my 3rd Takeda coming in, they are the best kitchen knives I have ever use and "easy" to sharpen on a waterstone.

I will pay for Burt Fosters that strike my fancy when I can find them, and the rest are what I could pull out of my kitchen/everything droor/s that I pick up and take with me from time to time from other brands I like.

Burt Foster camp knife and a bowie of his. Camp knife is his forged damascus and the bowie is forged - laminated. tapered tangs, I have chopped with the bowie, and I use the camp knife for butchering quite a bit...it is the sharpest knife I own...it is a silent cutter, you don't feel it until well after the cut.

Bowie is sharp too - I stropped it after chopping and super sharp again. It is forged, and handle width is probably .28-ish, then some great bevels, and lines and a distal taper etc, nice balanced hefty feeling. None o them made for me - he did make me some beautiful and damn-strong belts though!

C

Fiddleback Forge Custom Woodsman, Kephart, Handyman, Hiking Buddy & Esquire. All Scandi grind expect for the Woodsman.

ZT 0456 BW in CPM 20CV. I carry this daily.
The Mrs. Carries a Spyderco Delica in ZDP-189. The only 2 knives we cheat on Busse til he drops a nice 4" FOLDER in INFI for us.

I have a few customs that I use. I have a 3.5" gravalle field knife that I like quite a bit. I also have a custom 6" knife that gets carried quite a bit when I don't want to carry my Rodent 6. It's lighter than the R6 and has a thinner grind.

Then I have an ESEE4 that works better when I want to have something less conspicuous....it's flatter and has a shorter handle but it's stout enough to be beat on.

My Lon Humphrey Kephart--it's forged 3v, w/ cocobolo handles. Yes--forged 3v. Unheard of... and based on my experience, the only thing (I've used extensively) that truly compares well to infi. I'll post a pic later.

Holy cow! You guys do have issues don't you? LOL! That's some nice sheet~ I dig those Tomahawks-
I do have a folder given to me by a sales rep (trash and trinket stuff) that's actually pretty nice and good size, 4" blade.- It's really smooth for a logo giveaway thing.

More and more lately I do not cheat on my Busses. Except folders... Then 99% of the time it is Zero Tolerance.

Yes Sir same here. Most of my folders are ZT’s. I have the new 0920 and that is as close as you can get to a folding tank buster. I dabbled in a few benchmades as well but the ZT’s are always calling me (I just love their design, ergos, etc) and they have a very similar warranty to Busse (except it’s $30 iirc for a brand new blade) and also free sharpening. If you’re spending that kind of coin on a something you need a warranty like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back