What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome that you’re rebuilding your first vehicle. That generation of Chevy/ GMC are getting built more now than they used to it seems. My Dad had a 64 long box Chevy way back when, I’ve always had a soft spot for them.
Yeah. In the 1990's that body style just wasnt very popular for fixing up. Everyone wanted the 55-59 and the 67-72. Now the 60-66 are the hottest things going, and people will actually pay more for them if they are all old and rusty looking. Lol!

Very cool! I want my son's first vehicle to be a restoration project we can do together. He's 12 now so we have some time but I think it will be fun
If you have a spot to keep it, I suggest you start now. Its nice to be able to take your time, do it right, and give your son time to learn everything there is to know about his ride. Also a good time to teach him the value of saving up to buy quality parts instead of buying whatever is cheapest just to get it on the road quickly. When I did mine I was probably 15 when we started it, so there was kind of a time crunch to get it done before I got my license. Ended up having to do some roadside/store parking lot repairs because some things like the transmission/radiator and the old freeze plugs in the motor were taken for granted as being "good enough". Lol!

Last edited:
I do have other brands. One thing I insist on is USA made. There are more than enough US manufacturers that offer great product to keep me busy. I live 5 miles from Buck so the majority of my collection consists of their product, Buck 110s mainly..:thumbsup:
Reeves,
Hinderer,
Ruana,
Behring.
Spyderco,
Buck.
Busse.
Becker.

New Miller Bros. M-27. Sorry Busse, but she’s almost perfect in hand and Z-Wear steel... I had to buy it. I promise it won’t happen again. ;)
Kzb3ySk.jpg

Mf8H3kd.jpg

5jSciAp.jpg

How you liking the Spartan? Idk anybody who owns one. I've always thought about buying one. I have a couple of their fixed blades and love them...
I love it. It is super smooth and rock solid. The SHF is a large folder. It has a good feel to it. The handle fills your hand nicely, without feeling bulky in your pocket. The stonewashed plain Jane version is cool. I almost wish I had gone the less fancy route and got that one. Then again I think this one will look cool when it is well worn. They got some cool designs. Like the kraken with a pirate ship and an octopus on it. If Busse doesn’t hurry up and release a folder. I would highly recommend a SHF!

BEAUTIFUL!!!

is that a newer or customized version of the Difensa?
I have the S35 version in flat dark earth PVD
Yeah, it’s their first limited run of the S45VN in stonewash with black micarta. They only made 37? Got it from their site.

I’m pumped to try out the S45VN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back