What do you drive?

Just picked up an Audi A6. I was expecting to replace my Infiniti G37x with another Infiniti, but after driving the A6, my mind was made up. Great blend of luxury and sport. The interior is one of the nicest layouts I've ever seen.
0RMZhKt.jpg
Ck8xoB5.jpg
cKNalx9.jpg

Just picked up an Audi A6. I was expecting to replace my Infiniti G37x with another Infiniti, but after driving the A6, my mind was made up. Great blend of luxury and sport. The interior is one of the nicest layouts I've ever seen.
0RMZhKt.jpg
Ck8xoB5.jpg
cKNalx9.jpg
Had one in the stable for the last 5 years until recently. Placement of the cockpit controls is above the bar vs any other euro brand! The V6 was a great daily driver, with zero maintenance issues whatsoever outside of an 02 sensor which gets gummed up in anything. Unbelievably quiet and comfortable!

As a car guy, it's always been the want of either something newer, nicer, faster, or improve the performance of what I have.

I've had my 2011 Kia Sorento for 4 1/2 years, and have the only mod is a k&n filter. My previous four cars were all modified to some extent or another.

But my Sorento SX does everything for me pretty much everything. 0-60 in 6.4 seconds is plenty fast for a 7 passenger SUV.

As much as I love to drive, race, etc, I have no desire to fold this rickety 6'4" body of mine into a regular car. I'm fixing to turn 41, I'm single, but I can't bring myself to be the reckless street racing fool of yore.

Then again, toting my nephews around puts a damper on that.

It's weird, I've reached an odd point of contentment with many of the material items in my life.

As a former drag racer (actual strip), I always get a laugh out of the look on people's faces when they try to out accelerate me at the light when their lane ends and I smoke them in my 4000lb SUV. I doubt my 60 foot has gotten any slower than it was 20 years ago. I actually did this to a Porsche macan gts the other day. So entertaining.

Daily drive is a Holden SV6 (from the last couple of months of production here) and my 4x4 is a 76 Series GXL Landcruiser.

Regarding Audi’s, had 2 of them...2001 S4 and a 99 A6. The S4 was brand new, the A6 was CPO. Very nice cars to drive, but had nothing but problems with both of them...doubt I will ever try German again.

Like most people that haven’t had any recent experience with Audi, I was worried about reliability. After some research I found that they have improved greatly. I hope I have good luck with this one.
Do you have an A6 3.0? Statistically the Quattro transmission and engine have really been refined over the years. Both of our V6 supercharged A6's were bullet proof. Didn't do a thing to them besides consumables.

I
Do you have an A6 3.0? Statistically the Quattro transmission and engine have really been refined over the years. Both of our V6 supercharged A6's were bullet proof. Didn't do a thing to them besides consumables.
I have the 2.0 with the 8 speed trans.

Back