What do you drive?

The regular 4 cylinder Outback is a little underpowered in the sense of aggressive driving or passing on a 2 lane, but it pretty effortlessly cruises at 80 and feels stable and never gasping for power.

On the other hand, when my son and I drove from Vermont to Seattle his fully loaded down Impreza had a hard time even staying at 50mph going over the mountain from Montana into Washington (I think--I'm geographically challenged).
That's why we got rid of the 4 cyl and traded up for the 6cyl, it didn't have enough power going over mountains. Also my wife wanted apple play and the new version had it.

That's why we got rid of the 4 cyl and traded up for the 6cyl, it didn't have enough power going over mountains. Also my wife wanted apple play and the new version had it.

Outback now can come with a turbo 4. Should be an upgrade from the regular but not sure if its going to be an improvement over the existing six cylinder

Outback now can come with a turbo 4. Should be an upgrade from the regular but not sure if its going to be an improvement over the existing six cylinder
Yeah it's a new engine and platform so I'll give them a few years to work out the bugs

Actually, I'm glad of it. Most of the people my age are retired, and we will be turning to the millenials for information and service help. All too often the "older generation" might have issues with a younger generation simply because we knew them as children.

As for my Ford, just using the manual transmission gives me two extra miles per gallon. Granted, that's not a big bonus for trips locally, but I once drove to N. Carolina to see my dad. Staying on "the slab" and dropping the gears into fifth was pretty much a ride at 1,400 RPM. I stopped for gas only once, and that was just to top off.

You do understand that there is a generation between your geriatric a$$ and millennials and that a bunch of the millennial are the kids of my generation. The other thing you don't seem to comprehend is that lower RPM doesn't equal better milage there is no correlation between RPM and fuel milage no matter how bad you want it to be so.

Heres an FYI you won't be turning to the millennials for information as they're pushing 40 you've turned to them already for everything. If you took a couple of seconds between stimulus and reaction to think you wouldn't make an a$$ of yourself.

Let me quote myself from reddit:

"Lets see you guys went from weak unethical draft dodgers to weak unethical economic pirates and you still haven't let go (why are my presidential choices all 70+ year old a$$hats) so I'm not going to stop blaming you.

You guys (as a whole) can go fsck right on off"

You folks have been a pathetic failure since birth, you're weak and narcissistic and have added nothing but weakness to society yet you disrespect men and women who've fought the wars you've created.

When you want to stop being a pathetic bi*ch you can criticize until then crawl back into your little hole so we can cover you up.

Instead of being an oxygen thief you could post a picture of your truck or bike so we can appreciate it, while 90's Fords don't do much for me there are many young folks who appreciate "classic" trucks.

Last edited:
Had an 06 Legacy GT Ltd that I liked, but their near-universal adoption of CVT nowadays has taken them off my list. I'm sure the WRX is a blast, but not really my thing.

I drive a black 1997 F-150 with a five speed manual transmission. I figure millenials have not seen a clutch pedal before, so the chances of theft are lower.
...... maybe where you are from, but most kids here still learn to drive in a manual, there are exceptions of course but it's not the norm, you drivers licence use to also be endorse as "automatic only" or similar if you didn't pass the driving test in a manual.

I was hesitant about CVT too, but Subaru does a decent job with it. Especially if you are driving in stop and go traffic, it's nice and smooth

Traded in my Frontier for this Ridgeline and I'm very happy, it's a great work truck and very capable !
On the other hand, the G80 has being nothing but pleasure to drive,
I think this is the brand to look after this days, their concierge service is absolutely outstanding,
and the best part - you don't pay anything for 3 years... :thumbsup:

J3ZnSu.jpg
Big fan of that truck since 2006 from the G1 till now.

I was hesitant about CVT too, but Subaru does a decent job with it. Especially if you are driving in stop and go traffic, it's nice and smooth

<s>It's unpossible to like CVT's and automatics no matter how much faster and efficient it makes the vehicle you sad millennial. Stick shifts are the only real transmissions no matter what you sad people think, you can have less efficiency, less torque multiplication but more control which you mom's basement living losers can't take.</s>

Last edited:

^^^This is why I want to buy a house in Alaska..no people, mountains everywhere, clean air, and all the venison you can eat.
=====

I see you're a pathetic under 40 loser and have no idea what a truck is, you should just move into your moms basement..

<s>It's unpossible to like CVT's and automatics no matter how much faster and efficient it makes the vehicle you sad millennial. Stick shifts are the only real transmissions no matter what you sad people think, you can have less efficiency, less torque multiplication but more control which you mom's basement living losers can't take.</s>
Haha

My mustang is a stick shift and I dread driving it in rush hour

I don't mind the CVT in my wife's subaru but it certainly isn't much fun. I do appreciate subaru's safety system called "Eye Sight". The adaptive cruise control is great if you are cruising in traffic (although not so great when I get back into my Frontier without adaptive cruise and wonder why I'm about to run over somebody)

It replaced my 2005 Frontier, which I absolutely loved, unfortunately I had over 230K miles on it and even completely functional and with no issues, it was a time for a better ride... I do property maintenance for few medical buildings and businesses and easily put between 60 to 80 miles per day. Frontier was a great truck but little bit harsh on the gas milage and comfy ride.
I had Honda Element before, sold it with 220k miles, I was very happy with Honda and when they came up with the new body stile I decided to get one of those.
Absolutely love the smooth ride, reliability, comfort of the cabin and fuel economy, not to mentioned the 4x4 option and the trunk storage. The only thing that will add soon will be a fiberglass bed cap, as the one I had on the Frontier.
Overall, for what I'm doing is a very capable truck...
Here are few examples:
4'x7' solid concrete filled center blocks from a door I had to open in a wall:
cZfRME.jpg

sDpIQ6.jpg

Other common stuff I'm using it for:

En9l5Y.jpg

8FoenI.jpg

QSQzYC.jpg

I have a 2016 Ram 4x4 with a Hemi. Best truck I ever owned. Zero issues. I change the oil, and I use Amsoil Signature Series. But it's getting old, and is now becoming the "work truck" for my properties.

Our "trip machine" is now this 2022 Subaru Forester "Wilderness". Good ground clearance, AWD, and a cd player.

mDpgfFT.jpg

Back