What do you hate about the knife industry?

Originally posted by Mongo
The WAIT when I know I have something sharp and pointy coming in the mail.
:)

I'm with Mongo on that one (though that isn't really the knife industries responsibility.) I'm pretty good about not ordering something until I can really afford it. But, once I do, I'm the worst "six year old on Christmas Eve" ever!

Originally posted by lunumbra
I'm the worst "six year old on Christmas Eve" ever!
It doesn't help when we're the knife wielding ones, huh? ;) :p

The one thing that always occurs to me, comes to mind when I get a new copy of Tactical Knives. Steven Dick is about to review a new knife, so....off for a hike he goes. How many freakin' hikes does this guy take, anyway? :eek: You would think that by now he'd be looking anorexic. Plus his forearms must be as bald and smooth as a babies butt, from testing all those "hair poppin'" edges.:rolleyes:

But I still buy every copy! geegee

Handles with corners/points
Serrations
poor quality steel/cheap construction
magazine reviews that blow sunshine up your skirt
If a knife reviewer tests a knife and it's a dog, I want to know that. The idea that "if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all." doesn't apply here.
grotesquely overpriced factory knives

Originally posted by ThorTso
8. Hearing " I want it for self defense"....Buy a gun for self defense, or take up martial arts I say....better still, RUN!!!!!!

True...better avoid a fight if you can...but knives are alot less deadly and harmfull than guns..even though both have the potential to be deadly, a gun is usually more damaging. "...take up martial arts.." Who said knives weren't part of martial arts? Believe it or not, people use knives for protecting themselves, believe it or not, they have saved lives. ;)

Back