What Do You Have On The Way?

What does everyone have en route to them?

I've become fascinated with the idea of using a nakiri. I thin they look awesome, and I think, based on my cutting preferences that I'll like this knife style but I'm not entirely sure and not yet convinced enough to drop any decent coin on one. So, I ordered a Dexter Russell vegetable cleaver (2" tall) as a test platform. I absolutely accept steel, geometry, etc. influences with such an inexpensive knife but I just really wanted to give that very flat edge a try. I've never really liked the bulk of santoku's I've tried and their shapes vary so widely. But this so-called vegetable cleaver offering is very close to the higher-end nakiri that I'm eye-balling so I'm excited to try it.

At $30 if I don't like it, no big deal. And I have two daughters who would love a free knife regardless of style. And if I do like it, then I buy what I want and I have two daughters who would love a free knife. :) Or, maybe I just freaking love the knife and keep it.

Then I've also got a jug of honing oil coming and a new stone holder.

So what do you have on the way?

What does everyone have en route to them?

I've become fascinated with the idea of using a nakiri. I thin they look awesome, and I think, based on my cutting preferences that I'll like this knife style but I'm not entirely sure and not yet convinced enough to drop any decent coin on one. So, I ordered a Dexter Russell vegetable cleaver (2" tall) as a test platform. I absolutely accept steel, geometry, etc. influences with such an inexpensive knife but I just really wanted to give that very flat edge a try. I've never really liked the bulk of santoku's I've tried and their shapes vary so widely. But this so-called vegetable cleaver offering is very close to the higher-end nakiri that I'm eye-balling so I'm excited to try it.

At $30 if I don't like it, no big deal. And I have two daughters who would love a free knife regardless of style. And if I do like it, then I buy what I want and I have two daughters who would love a free knife. :) Or, maybe I just freaking love the knife and keep it.

Then I've also got a jug of honing oil coming and a new stone holder.

So what do you have on the way?
https://bladeforums.com/threads/everyones-latest-acquisitions.1376705/

Also, I have a pizza on the way...oh the anticipation.

Nothing right now. Kind of a dead period due to finances / school / WoW.

Oddly enough, I keep only playing melee classes that use edged weapons...

Finally order my "knife of the month" today. Almost didn't make it. For what ever reason, I just wasn't able to pull the trigger on another from one of my favorite manufacturers all month, so I compromised, went with makers who had not yet found their way into my collection and ordered these 2 today instead.

Ohta OFBSS 75 with Quincewood
OHTA_-_OFBSS_75_-quincewood.jpg

and letting my inner Scandinavian free, Helle Alden
Lutefisk for everyone! o_O
Helle_-_Alden.jpg

A Spyderco Calypso Jr Sprint in Super-Blue. Never thought I’d find one, but got lucky this morning.

Spyderco Manix 2 CF CPM 154/S90V composite
Spyderco Para 3 4V red G10
Massdrop Keen (ships in a month?)
FFKW/MD Gent in CF (ships hopefully in a month or two)
FFKW/MD Gent in Rosewood (ships hopefully in a month or two)
FFKW/MD Dao in bronze, and in blue (ship next year :()

I was all set to finally buy myself a knife...then I realized how close it was in appearance and specs to one I already have. Now I have to think about it; which means I probably won't get a new knife this month either.

I have a Survive gso 4.1 on its way from the States to here, the land down under.

Although they don’t ship to Europe, thanks to a very kind member here I have a Buck/SK Blades 110 drop point on the way - CPM20CV and burlap micarta with nickel bolsters. :cool:

PF5XZWF.jpg

Back