What Do You Have On The Way?

I have a buck spitfire on the way and a vantage to be ordered soon. I am looking at a case copperlock but haven't decided on which pattern yet

I'm anxiously awaiting a stag handled sheepsfoot knife from Sheffield. I'm afraid once this one arrives I will feel the desire to order a few more.

I also have one of the orange handled Rex 45 Spyderco Military models pre-ordered but not sure how that works or if Ill ever see it. My first experience with Spyderco sprint runs.

Best of luck with your nakiri. Ive had a very inexpensive vegetable cleaver I purchased at an Asian market many years ago and use it quite often. Those knives seem to require a lifestyle change if you're accustomed to a chef style blade in the kitchen. Most people traditionally plunge then pull with western style knives but a cleaver works better on the push stroke. Oh and the cleaver really shines no matter the steel with a slight toothy 2k grit edge, as in stones only, no strop.

I was all set to finally buy myself a knife...then I realized how close it was in appearance and specs to one I already have. Now I have to think about it; which means I probably won't get a new knife this month either.

How damned depressing!
I JUST ordered a fixed blade two days ago. I have three at home JUST LIKE IT. Well, the grips are different.
(Passion may occasionally overcome logic.)

Way too much coming this week. ZT 0456bw & 0452wbw, St. Nick's PM3 & Delica already on the way, and a 20cv PM2 if I can snag one on Tuesday.

I'm anxiously awaiting a stag handled sheepsfoot knife from Sheffield. I'm afraid once this one arrives I will feel the desire to order a few more.

I also have one of the orange handled Rex 45 Spyderco Military models pre-ordered but not sure how that works or if Ill ever see it. My first experience with Spyderco sprint runs.

Best of luck with your nakiri. Ive had a very inexpensive vegetable cleaver I purchased at an Asian market many years ago and use it quite often. Those knives seem to require a lifestyle change if you're accustomed to a chef style blade in the kitchen. Most people traditionally plunge then pull with western style knives but a cleaver works better on the push stroke. Oh and the cleaver really shines no matter the steel with a slight toothy 2k grit edge, as in stones only, no strop.

Thank you. You're right about the change in cutting technique and mindset! I got my first gyuto-style knife recently and it is VERY different than what I've trained myself to do with a western-style chef's knife. But, I find I really like it and the cutting style so that's why the little cleaver. I also like a toothy edge in the kitchen. :)

Eagerly awaiting a 5.5” sleipner blade from Gollik. Should be ready anytime now. My first proper small(er) fixed blade!

How damned depressing!
I JUST ordered a fixed blade two days ago. I have three at home JUST LIKE IT. Well, the grips are different.
(Passion may occasionally overcome logic.)
If it's the one I told you to enjoy, I'd tried to buy that, too, lol. (Sellers inbox was full).
Just further confirmation that I really don't need a new knife.

For me, a Bob Ohlemann Freelancer XL...I’m going to pick it up at the ICCE this coming weekend...

Last edited:
Emerson A-100. Tracking says Monday delivery. I’m currently in St. Louis with a 12 hour drive home on Monday and was planning to do it in two days. Now I might just do it in one day so I can get Home to check out my new toy.

nothing on the way for me currently. Plan to buy the DLT 20cv PM2, Military in Rex-45, and XM-18 sheepfoot or slicer and thats about it for the rest of this year.

Have a Grohmann #2 flat grind carbon blade I traded for, along with a Goldman cpm 154 hunter coming. Has anyone used any Grohmann knives in carbon steel? C70, just curious of your experiences vs stainless.

Back