What do you want in a new Salt knife?

LC200N
Thin Grind (BTE thickness)
G10/No Liners
Broader blade (tall).

LC200N, a compression lock, a flipper on PB washers and bushing, no bearings. Something really easy to operate with one hand. Edit: basically I really want an Ikuchi Salt!

I don’t mind H1 or LC200N. What I’d like is a Delica sized knife with a point an no choil. The exception would be a UKPK Salt, which I’d loved or casual use. I do not really care for the Native 5.

Aloha! Just got the Waterway last week and it's a wonderful fixed blade. My ask would be for large folder (Military large, with a shorter handle than that one) in LC200N with titanium hardware. Not simply for salt water use but for all around use for people concerned with corrosion resistance. Full flat grind is nice, so is hollow. I'd also like a compression lock. Appreciate you throwing out a line to us and fishing for responses.

I really like the coarse G10 on your Siren so if it will be in G10, it should have that coarse G10. I’d also love to see the Siren in SE. I would try one with the hopes the edge retention is better than PE LC200N.

Manix 2 in lc200n steel with maybe green blue g10 or a tie dye red yellow. Pe and se option ( I prefer pe ).

Also the siren with color options on the handle and liners.

Linerless H1 serrated. Orange or toxic green handles and black blades would be great. A compression lock would be the cherry on top.

Last edited:
Native Salt XL. Make it Manix sized.
Or just make the Manix 2 backlock into a salt knife.

Reactions: DMG
Make a small carry fixed blade! LC200N or Vanax, thin stock, with simple (thin) scales with all rustproof hardware. Efficient design with at least 3" blade and overall length at most 7". Streamlined foldover kydex/boltaron sheath that is not too big (unfortunately Spyderco sheaths usually are very big). A knife that I can clip into my waistbelt and forget about even when going running or whatever else. At the end of the day, just wash off and put away without having to worry about corrosion.

A proper corrosion proof filleting knife. The waterway is great on the bait board but leaves a little to be desired filleting a big fish. I don’t want my Phil Wilson filleting knife on the boat so I use a northarms filleting knife. It’s ok but not perfect.
Something made for a saltwater environment would be about the only thing I would spend money on.

Make a small carry fixed blade! LC200N or Vanax, thin stock, with simple (thin) scales with all rustproof hardware. Efficient design with at least 3" blade and overall length at most 7". Streamlined foldover kydex/boltaron sheath that is not too big (unfortunately Spyderco sheaths usually are very big). A knife that I can clip into my waistbelt and forget about even when going running or whatever else. At the end of the day, just wash off and put away without having to worry about corrosion.

Another vote for a compact, EDC fixed blade in LC200N. Something similar to the Street Beat, designed for utility-s/d and small enough to comfortably carry everyday. A minimal sheath for horizontal/crossdraw belt carry, or one designed to clip in the front pocket of your jeans that would have some retention when the blade is drawn would be great.
The Salt line is awesome. I have swam/waded in the ocean, had blades covered in sweat from being carried IWB with zero rust/corrosion issues. It is great to have that peace of mind when carrying your tools into what would normally be considered harsh environments.
My Salt collection consists of:
Pacific, p/e
Pacific, s/e
Ladybug, hawkbill
Jumpmaster 2

Back