What do you wish Leatherman would make ?

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
I wish they would make an all stainless PS4 or even a Micra with pliers.
There's no reason as far as I can tell that the squirt has to have the inferior aluminum construction, the anodizing easily wears off and there's just something about the classic look of the original all stainless construction.

I would also love to see them bring back the FUSE and or BLAST, the classic rectangular format was great and I feel this series of tools was the perfection of Leatherman tools.
If they did rerelease this series it would be cool to see different colors available for synthetic insert such as blaze orange...ect, and potentially even glow in the dark

They also need to do something about the sheath situation, a single piece of rivited leather and a snap is the way to go in my eyes.

The biggest thing that would be cool for Leatherman to make is a customizable model, potentially using the snap in blade technology from that youth tool they made.
Just gather feedback about their most popular models, and use this data,The few functions most people would want or not want to change would be standard features for the tool, then each empty slot would be numbered or something so we know which functions can go there.
Either have a system that easily allows swapping ( pretty sure the blade couldn't be taken back off on that youth model ) and include everything in the package, or offer a build-a-bear situation at dealers.

The logistics of it may not be too feasible, but all they really need to do is come up with the tool / system then a display that shows the possibilities and has bins of the organized parts.
The technology is there I believe.

Have you tried to set up a SOG tool with a custom loadout?
Its not fun, even for people who like that sort of thing.

As far as what I'd like to see, I'd like a Rebar form factor and head with the Pulse toolset, including the old diamond file. I feel like the Pulse scissors were only second to vic scissors in a multi.

I'd like to see scissors added to the Rebar, an awl instead of the tiny bit holder on the Charge and a Wingman with a saw instead of that silly package opener and a proper file.

The Original Wave. For my use, that is where they peaked, and it has all been downhill since.

I agree that a way to customize the tool content would be great. I rarely can find a tool that has exactly what I want in the way of implements.

I've set up a few SOG tools with a custom set of implements, the individual "blades" are a bit spendy though, on top of the cost of the tool. I've even done a couple Gerber 600 series, combining 2 tools to get the implements I wanted, but all the little washers are a pain to get lined up on re-assembly.

But I prefer the classic rectangular Leatherman or Swisstool form factor

I agree that a way to customize the tool content would be great. I rarely can find a tool that has exactly what I want in the way of implements.

I've set up a few SOG tools with a custom set of implements, the individual "blades" are a bit spendy though, on top of the cost of the tool. I've even done a couple Gerber 600 series, combining 2 tools to get the implements I wanted, but all the little washers are a pain to get lined up on re-assembly.

But I prefer the classic rectangular Leatherman or Swisstool form factor

Me too, I would want the tool to look in any way like that youth model.
I don't know why they went away from their classic rectangular shape.

I want a fishing specific tool something like the Wave with the standard features but with one handed spring loaded pliers with carbide replaceable cutter for braid/wire, grooved diamond file, awl, standard screwdrivers, scissor, as rust resistant as possible. I came here looking for the best multitool for fishing. Still looking.

I want a fishing specific tool something like the Wave with the standard features but with one handed spring loaded pliers with carbide replaceable cutter for braid/wire, grooved diamond file, awl, standard screwdrivers, scissor, as rust resistant as possible. I came here looking for the best multitool for fishing. Still looking.

They don't make it anymore, but I think the Gerber flik may be what you're looking for if you're not a Leatherman only guy.

I'm a simple guy. I'd like a tool the size of a Rebar with all the same tools stores internally except an outside blade. Working on the jobsite, it would be handy be able to thumb open the blade to cut a band or some tape without having to open the tool would make it a one-n-done knife/tool combo for me.

Or to be even easier, to stop putting combo edges on the MUT/Signal.

Wouldn't mind seeing a knife with a blade shape the same as the wave in 154cm/s30v

Dump the awl on the rebar and replace it with scissors.

My solution is simply to pair the Rebar or Super Tool 300 with a Micra. That provides not only scissors, but other supplementary tools, weighs next to nothing and stashes easily in 5th pocket. For nine years, an original Super Tool and Micra were my only multitools, and the only reasons I ever went to the others was a more efficient unlocking system, and the rolled edges on the handles are more comfortable when gripping down hard on something.

Back