What does your bladeforums username mean?

I was always into knives and swords. So young and starting to interact on computer BBS ( Pre internet, AOL, kinda like a forum) I needed a handle, no one used their real names. One of my fathers friends suggested Khopesh. I had no idea of the meaning at the time but after looking it up, it stuck. And it’s perfect for this group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khopesh
I thought you'd appreciate this: Ramses II dispatching a Temehou adversary with his khopesh.

RamsesII_khopesh.jpg
Egyptian art was rarely weapon-realistic but this is, at least for the khopesh.

Tried to spoof those goofy screen names that read like a TOPS knife model and didn't require adding numbers. Timberweasel sounded better to me than something like 'UltraDeathEagle69' or 'LazerWolfKrakenSuperPro75.' *shrug*

Top 10 Rejected TOPS Knives names :
#10: Slashy McChestwound
#9: The Belly Opener
#8: Screeching War Eagle of Furious Righteous Vengeance
#7: Kartoid Kutter
#6: Tactical Butterknife
#5: The Devil's Boning Knife
#4: P.E.W.: Pointy Edged Wonderful!
#3: BADASS-ASSIN
#2: Satan's Spackle Knife
#1: iStab
I laughed until I cried.
As spade remains a spade.

"oldman" = someone in college reflected that I was such an old man for being the responsible person at a party (once).

"willy" = a childhood nickname.

One BF member commented in a thread that my username reminded him of a certain little blue pill used for *ahem* special occasions... I'm considering making an update in the near future.

I just used a username I had used for other forums when I joined here.

s - stupid
bh - bubblehead (slang term for a submariner)
06 - year I graduated college

It's kind of an oxymoron, though, as submariners are generally considered to be pretty smart.

I thought you'd appreciate this: Ramses II dispatching a Temehou adversary with his khopesh.

View attachment 1643892
Egyptian art was rarely weapon-realistic but this is, at least for the khopesh.
This is great. Looks like the cheap khopesh replica I have on my fireplace. Traveling today or I would have posted a picture.

thanks.

Ote... (O-tee)......Was terminated from an employer (over the phone) after 19 yrs, really rubbed me the wrong way that I was simply discarded like that. Had been sharpening for a few years so I started a business for beer money and called it "Over The Edge" because THAT ^^ pushed me just that far.

I use to be big into the archery world. I was one of the original staff shooters for a fletching called a FOB. A FOB replaced the fletching on an arrow with an aerodynamic ring. It is a wonderful device- a super smart developer. I live in Missouri.
Mo No Fletch

Mine used to be seriously ultra DTOM Molon Labe tacticool, but then I grew up so now my avatar makes it look more satirical. I’m still all about it, I just don’t advertise the cringe mottos and slogans anymore lol

“Then I grew up” isn’t that just about all of us. Looking back at some of my shenanigans….. oh, boy!

Great post

Back