What don’t you use your knife for?

I don't use my knives to throw at the dartboard...usually.
IMG_0735.jpg

What don’t you use your knife for?

Well you probably have already heard me say it (too many times) but I NEVER EVER . . . EVER. . . . use my knives to cut wire ties ! ! !
Especially these two which are ZDP-189 which chips a little bit some times cutting wire ties. I use the side cutters shown to cut wire ties.
IMG_4104.jpg

. . . so I NEVER use my knives to cut wire ties.
. . . well except this one because it is sharpened at just the best freekin' geometry for cutting wire ties effortlessly (almost effortlessly).
IMG_2116.JPG

. . . oh and these two love to show off how easily they cut wire ties (same geometry on all three).
IMG_3276 2.jpg

I don't use my knives to make my wife happy. The knives I buy for her make her happy, but those I buy for myself, not so much. :confused:

Ted - I never use knives as a screwdriver, scraper or prybar. Respect your edge!

@HackenSlash - I have one of those and what a great knife! That is a knife you can pry with!

best

mqqn

I’m sure this applies to about 95% of the Bladeforums population ;)

So true - except I don't think I am a survivalist. I do know how to open a box that has a knife it in though....

best

mqqn

KLpoimx.jpg

I don't do 3 things with my knives. I don't pry, I don't drive screws, and I don't try to cut metal. What I do use them for is standard pocket knife tasks, so nothing heavy duty.

I realized I also don't use my knives to spread butter or peanut butter, I'll cut my dinner or lunch but I really prefer a dull ass butter knife to spread butter.

Prying. I learned my lesson young when I broke the tip off my fav folder (at the time - it was a Buck 110 knockoff). We were kids (12 years old or so) and we locked ourselves out of a friend's house, and I thought my knife could handle anything - even prying a freshly-painted window open... NOT!

When asked why I'm carrying a knife, I often answer "because I never know when I'm going to need to stab a ****er."
I've carried knives since I was 8 yrs old - started more than 40 yrs ago - and I have to admit that I've never actually stabbed a ****er.
Someday... <sigh>

I don't use any of my knives for food prep. Gunk always get into the pivot area. That is the reason I always have a smallish fixed IWB.

Back