What EDC lights are you guys using?

Loving this Prometheus Alpha
DFN5ALG.jpg

My two aluminum ones don't do that the stainless one drain's a rechargeable 10440 in a couple of days though it didn't for the first year or so I owned it
I have a 2019 version, where you can keep the recharging section onboard, rather than always changing heads.
Would be great if it would hold a charge, I prefer a side switch and with a lockout there shouldn't be that much drain. But reality ensues.

Like the perfect edc knife, the perfect edc light is also quite a rabbithole that beckons loudly...
As most lights aren't that expensive they have a way to accumulate.

I have an Olight i3t inter alia that rides in my left front pocket.
Works fine for my daily uses, but I don't really think it's going to be long term reliable.

I want something simpler, just one mode without much electronics, only bulletproof mechanics. Still searching...

Like the perfect edc knife, the perfect edc light is also quite a rabbithole that beckons loudly...
As most lights aren't that expensive they have a way to accumulate.

I have an Olight i3t inter alia that rides in my left front pocket.
Works fine for my daily uses, but I don't really think it's going to be long term reliable.

I want something simpler, just one mode without much electronics, only bulletproof mechanics. Still searching...

Peak Eiger should do it. You can order it any way you want. Choose led/color temperature, single mode or QTC, metal type and it's fully potted head.
myiJO3tl.jpg

I have a 2019 version, where you can keep the recharging section onboard, rather than always changing heads.
Would be great if it would hold a charge, I prefer a side switch and with a lockout there shouldn't be that much drain. But reality ensues.
I thought their customer service would have gotten back to me but they didn't.I dropped my Manker flashlight and it stopped working they sent me a new one no questions asked

Fenix E01 around the neck 24/7 for a few years, love those little lights for pure dark situations.

Been totin' a 15$ Convoy light from Fasttech, and it's holding up really well, maybe going on year 3. Always rides clipped in back pocket, I've only killed one pocket clip, which they sell for a buck.

Been wearing a Surefire Luminox wristlight/watch on my wrist. Rechargeable, 3 brightness settings, battery indicator, tritium dial (good for camping, movie theaters (remember those?). A bit bulky but it means one less thing in my pockets. They also make a cheaper model without the tritium dial.

Last edited:
I thought their customer service would have gotten back to me but they didn't.I dropped my Manker flashlight and it stopped working they sent me a new one no questions asked
It's too bad, really. I remember when people were calling them the Surefire killer.
I seem to remember people at Budget Lights saying Rovyvon had good customer response. If they would build an AAA/10140 sized light - essentially triple the volume of their regular line - that could be a game changer. Well as much as it can be in a world where we pile on even the average quality stuff.

My EDC flashlight is a RovyVon Aurora. It's a small, keychain flashlight, but its plenty bright for me (650 lumens) and rechargable. The one I have has a glow in the dark casing, but they are available in plastic, aluminum and titanium cases.

51g2zF81ywL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

I've got the same light, and I've been very impressed and happy with it. My only wish is that it started at a lower level rather than high (2nd brightest, below "turbo"), but it'd help if I could remember the side lights, since it usually suffices for non-blinding, low-level usage. The "turbo" on this is a contender for most lumens per volume. It's definitely "HOLY CRAP!" impressive. I also have a Nitecore TIKI, and while the RoyVon is bigger, it's still very small, much brighter, and doesn't rely on PWM dimming.

I also keep an old titanium (IlluminaTi?) AAA light on my keychain, as well as a Jetbeam 395nm UV AAA light. The UV light I keep for currency verification and general sh*ts and giggles, and the other AAA light I keep because it's sufficiently bright for many things, I have a "spare" in the UV light (and vice versa), and I've found that it's always good to have an AAA light (and/or AA) light on hand because you can always cannibalize batteries from many different things if need be.

I've been considering a 18650 or 21700 light for a proper EDC light beyond my keychain, perhaps to double as a bike headlight. Fenix E35 V3.0 or E28R are the frontrunners at the moment, but I'm still doing the research.

126391116_3414082392020357_5118250554608784165_o-jpg.1458080

Attachments

• 126391116_3414082392020357_5118250554608784165_o.jpg
    126391116_3414082392020357_5118250554608784165_o.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Fenix PD25 for me currently.

- Perfect size, not too small, not too big.
- Enough power for longer distance (boogies in the night).
- Rechargeable battery.
- Tailswitch.

Really the only thing I would like better if it had head that would tilt.

Never been that much of a titanium fan and don't really think it has a great appearance, but since 2012 a JetBeam TCR1. Can't escape the simple rheostat like operation and relative ease of emitter upgrades when desired. Back-up for decades is a Tekna Splash- Lite . I've purchased and tried dozens of lights for work. But ,these two are constants.

Another shoutout for Klarus.

I'm partial to the Klarus P1A. I have 4, and a P2A (wrapped in bicycle innertube for grip). I believe both models are discontinued.

I like the simplicity of the K-P'S, click on/click off, momentary on, no cycling through brightness levels (twist the head to select high or low), no strobe or SOS. Had to do a bit of searching to find such a simple/basic type of light with these brightness levels. Not too many of them these days. If I need to hand someone a light, like in an emergency, I don't want to have to explain to them how to use the light, or have it switch modes if they accidentally press the mode button.

The P1A-
1 AA battery
Max output: 150 lumens/1.5 hours
Low output: 11 lumens/28 hours

The P2A-
2 AA batteries
Max output: 245 lumens/1.6 hours
Low output: 20 lumens/33 hours

I keep one P1A in my garage, one on my kitchen counter, one I clip in my pocket if I go out at night, and one I carry on one of my motorcycle boots (next to the wrench), which I always wear whenever I go out. I like carrying one on my boot because I know I've always got it on me when I'm out, and it's out of the way.

I've also been considering a Fenix PD35 V2.0 for situations where I might need a REALLY bright light (1000 lumens max).

aPhz97i.jpg

aFbmTDV.jpg

In my pocket a Hanko Timascus twist changed to XPL-HI. I got it new before they were a fortune. I don't have a phone until April 21. Long story, please don't ask.
...are you in jail?

I usually carry a reylight brass pineapple. Works great and I love the moonlight mode. Takes a 14500 as well.

Back