What fasteners are used in the LC?

Consider me in for whatever hardware you find. I know you won't select anything less than the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ok, I will keep you in the loop.

I think I should order my race LC with no loctite on the screws and I will just experiment with standard lengths, and then know exactly what options I need.

I would rather go with one length than 2 if I can make it work, then pick up a lot of them, and then they can get finished as desired.

I guess I should ask, if the fasteners are just holding the scales down as the pins handle the stress from impact, why wouldn't we want to go with aluminium? Lighter and plenty strong, easy to find, cheap.

Maybe not as cool sounding?

I guess I should ask, if the fasteners are just holding the scales down as the pins handle the stress from impact, why wouldn't we want to go with alminimum? Lighter and plenty strong, easy to find, cheap.

Maybe not as cool sounding?

The sectional area of the minor diameter of an 8-32 screw is about .013" square inches. Steel screws weight about a gram. I wouldn't fool with aluminum screws.

Nathan,

Hate to be a bother on this issue and if you want I can PM you, do you think I could get around using 5 x 3/8ths and 1 x 1/4 and just use 6 x 5/15ths?

There are grade 2 ti from china available in lots of 50, for like $20. A lot less money but probably less quality as well. I will keep looking.

Yeah, 5/16 should work fine. Be aware that's over all length, not thread length, that's how flat head screws are generally measured. If you need some screws shortened I'm set up to do that, you can send them to me it's no problem.

no to aluminum fasteners! Ti's only worth it if you get it colour ano'd. Otherwise you can't beat oxide coated stainless.

well...I admit to having a thing for alloy spoke nipples...

My guess is Nathan will have to answer this but if anyone else can please do!

What fasteners are used in the LC? A link to them would be ideal so I can grab the specs and hunt for an alternative. It would be good to know incase one gets lost or broken as well.

Thanks all!
I posted on the other thread. You can replace with ti like I did. I was thinking of buying a bunch and having them for esee and replacement if someone wanted them.

The front pin is shorter than the other two and two standard 3/8" screws will hit each other in the middle, so I had some 1/4 black oxide 18-8 screws made. They don't have as much thread engagement as the longer screw so it's important they're run in all the way. I use red Loctite on them so if a person takes it apart down the road that side stays together.

You only have to remove one screw per pin to take it apart, the pin with a screw on it can be tapped out.

There is very little play between the pins and the holes, they're both precision machined and a tight fit, so some are pretty snug and not always easy to take apart.

I agree on the function but the TI ones with some ano look so good. I had like 3/8 screws and cut the off using a drill and hack saw and them touched them with 400grit paper as they spun and flamed them.

I posted on the other thread. You can replace with ti like I did. I was thinking of buying a bunch and having them for esee and replacement if someone wanted them.

Since you are saving for a house, how about this. Several of us are interested and think along the same lines as you. Would you be interested in catching up on this thread, and looking back into what you did for the FK, then putting together some pricing and options for us? I'm not saying you are gonna get rich off the deal, but every bit helps! I see those you did are flame anodized, some might want tumbled etc as well.

Since you are saving for a house, how about this. Several of us are interested and think along the same lines as you. Would you be interested in catching up on this thread, and looking back into what you did for the FK, then putting together some pricing and options for us? I'm not saying you are gonna get rich off the deal, but every bit helps! I see those you did are flame anodized, some might want tumbled etc as well.
TI is my favorite element. I am not currently a gold member here but will pay to do so and get the info and get back to you.

TI is my favorite element. I am not currently a gold member here but will pay to do so and get the info and get back to you.

No need to go that far unless you decide it's a path to pursue. Ask Psybull for my email and I can help catch you up and we can go from there.

chicks dig gold members

I hope by that you mean blackened titanium, zirc black maybe oil quenched fasteners so I don't have to go buy and learn do this all myself.... And some tumbled look that match the finish of the blade...?

HE was talking about a gold membership and I am going to get the service provider one.

Back