What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

Good evening, all!

I've just spent the better part of my evening perusing this thread and have been enjoying the photography and, more importantly, the knives. My apologies to those who have suffered my "like bombs", it is simply a tool to express my appreciation for your compositions and blades.

Mistwalker Mistwalker , your references here and there to Tolkien and such has me intrigued and I'm looking forward to seeking out more of your writings throughout this sub.

I do not own any Fiddleback knives yet but I have had the opportunity to handle many at a recent local gathering of fellow knife enthusiasts. I was and still am very impressed with such finely crafted cutlery and am very much looking forward to beginning my collection and Fiddleback enthusiasm.

Though I do not have a true Fiddleback quite yet, I do have this recently acquired Fletcher that I've been very pleased with and I hope it's ok to post a pic of it here. If I understand correctly this knife could be considered Fiddleback kin.

Looking forward to getting to know you folks better in the not so distant future.

EiruqdA.jpg

Agreed, that is indeed a beaut of a scandi buddy, but I'm a little more intrigued by the item to the left... Kryptek, fluted barrel, can wrap? Predator rig? :thumbsup:
That's one of my predator rifles. Alexander Arms side charging AR15. 18" barrel. Chambered in 6.5 Grendel. Swarovski 4-12x50. Timney 3 lb trigger. Silencerco Harvester suppressor. I'm shooting 90gr TNT HP's at about 2900 fps. It's a very effective predator rig. One of my favorites.
Hosted on Fotki

Last edited:
That's one of my predator rifles. Alexander Arms side charging AR15. 18" barrel. Chambered in 6.5 Grendel. Swarovski 4-12x50. Timney 3 lb trigger. Silencerco Harvester suppressor. I'm shooting 90gr TNT HP's at about 2900 fps. It's a very effective predator rig. One of my favorites.
Hosted on Fotki

Dang! That's a sweet setup! Heard a lot of good things about 6.5s in general. Don't know a ton about Grendel, but my next hunting/fun rifle will be a 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't have much experience hunting predators either, but the few times I've done it have been a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Dang! That's a sweet setup! Heard a lot of good things about 6.5s in general. Don't know a ton about Grendel, but my next hunting/fun rifle will be a 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't have much experience hunting predators either, but the few times I've done it have been a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
The Grendel is a good round for the AR15. Low recoil and large enough for deer and smaller game. Effective out to 500+ yards in my experience. Ive shot steel to 1000 yards with it but its mainly a hunting round for me. The Creedmoor has more range for larger game animals but almost twice the recoil. Also the Creedmoor cartridge is too long for an AR15 so hopes of a lightweight semi-auto for calling is not possible. I have several Grendel rifles and love them.
Sorry to mung up a good knife thread with a bunch of gun talk.;)

Last edited:
I had a CZ 527 w/ a lothar walther bbl chambered for 6.5 grendel. Still have a case of Alexander Arms ammo for it:confused:

Last edited:
Back