What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

2v2EFJ2LdxurAoi.jpg

I guess this is a model I have never seen from this angle. I'm drawing a blank on what it is.

I have my Esquire in a ISP sheath today.
One of my absolute favorite ways to carry a smaller fixed blade.
It’s just like reaching in for a folder, but instead I’m pulling out a nice fixed blade Fiddleback!
An easy transition coming from years of folder pocket carry.

My very first Official Andy Roy Fiddleback Forge is this very fine & sublime SHOGUN :thumbsup: :cool:

View attachment 1227761

What a perfectly beautiful and comfortable knife. Features, spectacular ergos, awesomely useful blade shape (aka, "Nessmukie/Kwaiken" - from the intro video ;)). I love that it has no colored liners - just a lovely black on shimmery teal maple. Super sharp - you all know that. AND look - tapered tang.

View attachment 1227764

Very, very nicely done AR. My first Fiddleback is a solid winner. :thumbsup:

Now - off to get this one properly dressed to carry out into the world :)

Thanks much.

Ray
Yhank you for the very kind words!
Enjoy and welcome aboard
Phillip

My very first Official Andy Roy Fiddleback Forge is this very fine & sublime SHOGUN :thumbsup: :cool:

View attachment 1227761

What a perfectly beautiful and comfortable knife. Features, spectacular ergos, awesomely useful blade shape (aka, "Nessmukie/Kwaiken" - from the intro video ;)). I love that it has no colored liners - just a lovely black on shimmery teal maple. Super sharp - you all know that. AND look - tapered tang.

View attachment 1227764

Very, very nicely done AR. My first Fiddleback is a solid winner. :thumbsup:

Now - off to get this one properly dressed to carry out into the world :)

Thanks much.

Ray

I love the look of the Shogun, but am more drawn to its little brother for EDC, but so many new models there are a few I want to try.

Respectfully Mistwalker Mistwalker , to my way of seeing - the SHOGUN - is the intended proportions for this blade (the Golden mean, you might say). The EMPEROR & the DAIMYO are respectively, just a little too big and a little too small.

The SHOGUN is jusssssst right :thumbsup: :)

3-5/8" blade is a fine EDC size IMHO. I'm glad we have choices ;)

Ray

Respectfully Mistwalker Mistwalker , to my way of seeing - the SHOGUN - is the intended proportions for this blade (the Golden mean, you might say). The EMPEROR & the DAIMYO are respectively, just a little too big and a little too small.

The SHOGUN is jusssssst right :thumbsup: :)

3-5/8" blade is a fine EDC size IMHO. I'm glad we have choices ;)

Ray

I get that, and yeah thank God for choices lol. There was a time when a knife that size would have been a fine EDC for me, and I do love the attitude of the Shogun aesthetically. I do hope to play with one some day. I could get away with it occasionally now, and in the colder season, but not all days of my life. These days the slightly smaller Bushboot, with a nearly half inch shorter blade and almost an inch shorter overall, maxes me out for pocket carry in my daily life now. While still giving me the function and attitude I want to have in a pocket knife. I usually have some things bigger and meaner near by in a kit, but for on-the-body-carry now the smaller models do better for me these days. So I want to check out a Daimyo to pair with my two-piece Ti chopsticks because i think they will go well together :)

Back