What Fiddlebacks are you looking for?

Has the Forge ever done Scandi ground stainless? I can't remember ever seeing one.

Now that I got my F2 I'm deciding what my next grail knife will be...

Last edited:
I have done a few, but very few.

Good to know! Just something that came to mind while I was thinking about all the possible combinations you guys have at the Forge! I haven't seen any of them in all of my looking so I got curious.

Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason that you've only done a few?

There are a handful of Fiddlebacks that I'd like a chance to shark. An Arete a KEB and a Bear Cub in 1/8th tapered and scandi ground with a straight grain wood handle. Preferably Osage or Bloodwood.
I'd also like a Woodsman in 5/32 Tapered with the same handle configuration.

I'm sure there's a bunch more that I can't think of though. :D

Esquires in 1/8 TT or 3/32, Micartas.
Nessmuks in 1/8SFT or TT, Micartas, Shadetrees and woods (book matched).
Sneaky Pete in 3/32 TT or 1/8 SFT, almost any handle.

More stainless steel

Bushboot 1/8 TT sandblasted black micarta w/ black g 10 and lime or orange liners and a beauty mark. Wouldn't mind a top wedge either.

I'll keep mine simple - just looking for a Kephart or Arete preferably with oreo burlap or even a nice wood handle with white liners. If frustraded with my search I would settle for a Bushfinger or Ladyfinger. I trust the maker to put a good piece of steel between the handles :} It seems if most of the blades I see offered have A2 steel - don't know if that's for me or not. I collect folders and this would be my first fixed blade knife. I don't buy cheapos and I use 95% of what I buy, can't stand putting them in the safe and not using them. My favorite 3 are a Klotzli, a WmHenry and a Reeves that I kind of rotate for my EDC.

Any pointers on the blade material would be most appreciated. Just general use - cutting cacti arms for transplant, bushwhacking, teasing tarantulas and scorpions, cutting boxes, previously cotton bale sampling (doubt if I will be doing any more of that), etc. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'll keep mine simple - just looking for a Kephart or Arete preferably with oreo burlap or even a nice wood handle with white liners. If frustraded with my search I would settle for a Bushfinger or Ladyfinger. I trust the maker to put a good piece of steel between the handles :} It seems if most of the blades I see offered have A2 steel - don't know if that's for me or not. I collect folders and this would be my first fixed blade knife. I don't buy cheapos and I use 95% of what I buy, can't stand putting them in the safe and not using them. My favorite 3 are a Klotzli, a WmHenry and a Reeves that I kind of rotate for my EDC.

Any pointers on the blade material would be most appreciated. Just general use - cutting cacti arms for transplant, bushwhacking, teasing tarantulas and scorpions, cutting boxes, previously cotton bale sampling (doubt if I will be doing any more of that), etc. Thanks!

I have an Arete you might be interested in. If interested, please email at pappawhiskey1 at yahoo dot com.

for my first fiddleback, I'm looking for a lady finger.
i like the burlap for a handle. Some of the dyed wood too.
in a nice blue or green.

for my first fiddleback, I'm looking for a lady finger.
i like the burlap for a handle. Some of the dyed wood too.
in a nice blue or green.

Something like this?
DSC02548-vi.jpg

For me...this!

URL=http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/Keegan1696/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0130868075135125590_zpskuw7qq0h.jpg.html]
0130868075135125590_zpskuw7qq0h.jpg
[/URL]

And this...

URL=http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/Keegan1696/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2534-vi_zpsmwgsd1ev.jpg.html]
IMG_2534-vi_zpsmwgsd1ev.jpg
[/URL]

Back