What Fiddlebacks are you looking for?

I snagged this bolstered beauty yesterday while the sharks were feeding. :D I figured it and my new hiking buddy would hold me over till Andy gets spare time to get around to my ideal bushboot. :p If not I'll just try another model out in the mean time.

I always look for nessmucks and camp Muks. I looks for thin ones but it's though to pull the trigger on them because they are pricey and I never seem to see exactly what I want. I'll keep looking. Maybe a thin ground blue jean micarta In a scandi grind!!

I don't use much blue jean micarta Luke. When you are finishing the knife and oiling the blade, it invariably gets onto the micarta and darkens the denim. So, you go ahead and oil the whole handle so it will match, but that darkens the denim and makes it less appealing looking. Even waxing it doesn't prevent the oil soaking in. I never liked the results. I don't let Allen buy any, so you aren't going to find that one.

I know it's an impossibility, but I've been hunting a Runt for several months now. My perfect Runt would have some form of red grips. Because I live in Upstate New York, my blade can't be more than 3 inches....any incite I could get would be greatly appreciated. If I can order one, please let me know and I will gladly do that. Thanks for your time!!
Don

I know it's an impossibility, but I've been hunting a Runt for several months now. My perfect Runt would have some form of red grips. Because I live in Upstate New York, my blade can't be more than 3 inches....any incite I could get would be greatly appreciated. If I can order one, please let me know and I will gladly do that. Thanks for your time!!
Don
Is this a municipal ordinance? NYC has its own stupidity concerning knife laws, but generally NY state has no blade length limits on fixed blades - though it all still seems to fall under officer "discretion" and vague interpretations of "intended" use. At least machetes are still legal ti own here, for now [emoji57]

There is a Blackwood Runt in the Flea market btw if you step outside the red handle constraint. I believe there might be one or two listed on the dealer websites as well.

looking for Ladyfingers; mostly hardwood( ironwood, bog oak, blackwood etc) handles but also for a stainless with shadetree. Also for sneakys and big sneakys. Thank you.

XnJzjSG.jpg

The one that got away

I don't use much blue jean micarta Luke. When you are finishing the knife and oiling the blade, it invariably gets onto the micarta and darkens the denim. So, you go ahead and oil the whole handle so it will match, but that darkens the denim and makes it less appealing looking. Even waxing it doesn't prevent the oil soaking in. I never liked the results. I don't let Allen buy any, so you aren't going to find that one.

Navy burlap would be just as good. Maybe with a carbon fiber bolster. Ooooooo! Black liner with a white pinstripe.

A Hiking Buddy or a Patch with white micarta handle and brown, natural, red or blue liners. The steel variety, etc. doesn't matter that much to me.

This EXACT toboggan to pair up with the camp nessie I just picked up. I know it will never happen
since this is one of Andy's personal knives :sorrow:

Attachments

• toboggan.jpg
    toboggan.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 16
I might need a micarta Esquire. There's a tangerine one floating out there somewhere, but I doubt that one is available.

Back