what fixed blade EDC on a budget?

I am looking to get a new fixed blade knife, I am looking to get something that can hold an edge, and is not too big, i am just looking for something that I can cut thing around the house and outside while hiking (example of things I would probably cut: rope, rubber, plastic, animal hide and meat, and sometimes food packaging.
I can't really afford 400$ knifes so I am looking to get something under 100$, I might be able to go over that number a bit though.

Blade HQ has an ESEE 4 on sale for $110 right now.

If you don't want to max out that $100 budget, look at the Cold Steel SRK, or whatever flavor of Morakniv you like best. You can also get various Bucks or Gerbers under $100. At that price point and for the things you want to cut, pick one that fits your budget that you like the look of.

If you want a no frills but good knife, try BPS knives.
They're made in the Ukraine, range from $29 - $50 and available in many options.

I got this one last year and was pleasantly surprised, it came with a high-quality leather sheath too.

bps.jpg

Several companies have knives in your budget. I will recommend a Buck 119 or a Cold Steel Master Hunter. Both are between $75-$100USD. Shop around the different web sites and you should be able to find exactly what you want.

I am looking to get a new fixed blade knife, I am looking to get something that can hold an edge, and is not too big, i am just looking for something that I can cut thing around the house and outside while hiking (example of things I would probably cut: rope, rubber, plastic, animal hide and meat, and sometimes food packaging.
I can't really afford 400$ knifes so I am looking to get something under 100$, I might be able to go over that number a bit though.
What size blade are you looking for?

If you want a no frills but good knife, try BPS knives.
They're made in the Ukraine, range from $29 - $50 and available in many options.

I got this one last year and was pleasantly surprised, it came with a high-quality leather sheath too.
BPS is a good choice, but I'd go with the flat ground Savage model for general purpose chores.
Mora is also a good choice. You can look on fleabay and find a decent Frosts laminated model with an O1 core for fairly cheap still. There are lots of Mora options and sizes to choose from. I prefer these over the newer plastic handled models.
RFVcsq6.jpg
qFrHw4K.jpg

Hultafors also makes a couple very good choices. Knife on the right is the OK4. It has great reviews
and so far its survived all the abuse thrown at it by my 11 year old grandson.
ovp1zQM.jpg

There is a larger Heavy Duty model that is not only inexpensive but also nearly indestructible.....

Back