What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

I knew I liked you for a reason.

That makes one of us. I am still trying to figure me out...
-----
That one is nifty! I'd like to know more.
About the traditional that Neffarious is carrying:
It is a recent run by GEC of their 85 easy open pattern with the flat ground satin spear single blade in natural canvas micarta and brushed and pinched bolsters.

They also made them in a bunch of other options: bloodwood, smooth bone, and possibly one or two more scale types I am forgetting, 1 & 2 blade (coping secondary) options and also a Saber ground spear (called a scandi or scabre) from the factory, the coping was always a flat ground blade with a swedge.

A Great carry knife, Very slicey, fits the pocket and hand great, most landed right around a 5-6 pull.

I had a 2 blade micarta full flat and a bloodwood scabre
Like I said, I loved mine and will miss it (the micarta)...

For even further reading, 33 pages on the pattern here:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...anticipated-way-too-excited-GEC-85-s-Thread!?

Last edited:
Yes that. Its one of my current favorites too. Its like a scapel as well ☺ . Thanks Bill!

Yep, that just happened.

Nice to see so many USA folders to go with USA Beckers. Right on!

That makes one of us. I am still trying to figure me out...
-----

About the traditional that Neffarious is carrying:
It is a recent run by GEC of their 85 easy open pattern with the flat ground satin spear single blade in natural canvas micarta and brushed and pinched bolsters.

They also made them in a bunch of other options: bloodwood, smooth bone, and possibly one or two more scale types I am forgetting, 1 & 2 blade (coping secondary) options and also a Saber ground spear (called a scandi or scabre) from the factory, the coping was always a flat ground blade with a swedge.

A Great carry knife, Very slicey, fits the pocket and hand great, most landed right around a 5-6 pull.

I had a 2 blade micarta full flat and a bloodwood scabre
Like I said, I loved mine and will miss it (the micarta)...

For even further reading, 33 pages on the pattern here:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...anticipated-way-too-excited-GEC-85-s-Thread!?

Nifty!! Thanks! Looks like a hellofa knife! :thumbup:

Today it was the top one:
20141101_143053_zpsdca64a74.jpg

(not my pic but I have the exact same lava acrylic Wharnie GEC Talon).

Got a Brous Mini Division (3.5" blade, 8.5" OAL - not really "Mini", IMO...) and a Fox Italy folding Karambit (599? - don't remember the model and it doesn't say) on my ATM. The Brous is a BEAST...3/16" blade (5mm) of polished D2 on a BB pivot. Not as smooth as the ZT 560....but seriously beefy.

I am rocking a Kizer Ray Laconio Gemini and a Kizer Vanguard with green G10. LOVE them ! Got them at Blade, and Stole the Gemini aparantly, it sells fro 170 and I paid 100 for it, and the Vanguard i got for 40. Really loving them both. Made in China, so you can give me crap about that if you want, but its a Chinese company, not some other company out sourcing their crap to Chinese labor. They are really really nice knives, especially for what I paid for them.

I am rocking a Kizer Ray Laconio Gemini and a Kizer Vanguard with green G10. LOVE them ! Got them at Blade, and Stole the Gemini aparantly, it sells fro 170 and I paid 100 for it, and the Vanguard i got for 40. Really loving them both. Made in China, so you can give me crap about that if you want, but its a Chinese company, not some other company out sourcing their crap to Chinese labor. They are really really nice knives, especially for what I paid for them.
I'm not going to give you crap. Nice designs and really nice build quality (at least for the 2 I've handled) for the $$. You got an excellent deal, IMO.

I don't know if multi-tools are considered folders but, unless I'm in a S&T, I'm totin' a multi-tool and suspect that Beckerheads, the Jeep lovin' practical and functional outdoor tinkerin' folk that they are are with a multi-tool more often than not.

Back