What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

Careful, you'll put your butt cheek out....lol You not afraid of scratch and dent carrying it that way? I'd be afraid it would fall out or something....

Scratching the knife or other stuff? I usually unclip my knife and drop it in my pocket when working on my truck or when moving furniture. I actually find I scratch things like that more when I front pocket carry. One of the reasons I went to back pocket carry was to stop scratching fenders when I lean under a hood. That and I have learned to walk around like I am hoola hooping so I don't scratch things up. :)

I have carried in my back pocket for a long time and haven't lost one yet. These pants will be downgraded now from work pants to beater pants though. They will go in the pile I wear when working on my truck or painting something. I have worn through quite a few pairs of pants like this. Here is the last pair I wore out.

DSC01681_zpsawlluv38.jpg

You know, I have never been into Spyderco knives, though admittedly, I've never really handled or used them. These great pics are making me give them a closer look though.

You just don't know what you're missing... Between the umpteen million models they have, they make something for everyone! I'd be happy to loan you a Spydie to try out if you like.

You just don't know what you're missing... Between the umpteen million models they have, they make something for everyone! I'd be happy to loan you a Spydie to try out if you like.

HA! You are probably right. I'm learning to become less narrow minded in my knife tastes, which obviously isn't great for my bank account... Just means I need to spend smarter.

That is a very kind offer. I just sent my ZT in for a spa treatment, so this might be a good opportunity to try something new.

HA! You are probably right. I'm learning to become less narrow minded in my knife tastes, which obviously isn't great for my bank account... Just means I need to spend smarter.

That is a very kind offer. I just sent my ZT in for a spa treatment, so this might be a good opportunity to try something new.

Careful, the knives can quickly turn into a sickness. I've tried so many models from so many different makers over the years. It kinda lets you know what you personally like in a knife!

What's wrong with your ZT?

Nothing is really wrong with it. Just sent it in for a general tune up and sharpening. With the S30v steel and the recurve blade, it isn't my favorite knife to sharpen... Holds its edge forever though, even skinned an elk with it and it was still pretty sharp after I was done.

Plus I need new pocket clip screws, I misplaced the other ones last time I cleaned it. This is the first time I've sent something back to the factory, so I'm a wee bit nervous... Not a cheap knife.

I've sent a few CRKs back to their mothership for spa treatments before. The wait sucks, but it's all gravy when you get them back!

Padruig I am just discovering Spyderco over the last 7 months myself. I always thought the hole was odd (I've said ugly at times, but really it was more odd), but that viewpoint was really because I was exposed to thumb studs and flippers first, I hadn't held a single knife. So after seeing pics of Spyderco frequently over the years, I guess I got used to the look enough to try one out. 91Bravo is so right. They have so many options with styles, locks, handle materials, and even different blade steels. I have several ZT's and like them all, but there are far more Spyderco on my want list than anything else at the moment. I am very impressed with the knives I've received in exchange for the prices I've paid.

*Edit to add- I don't mean that to sound like I prefer Spyderco to ZT, simply that they have more that are on my want list currently (I'm gonna burn out this edit feature lol)

I'm enjoying my traditional looking jigged bone with titanium bolsters at the moment....
QIWSBrY.jpg

Last edited:
recently got an Opinel carbon # 9, and decided it would be my edc for the rest of the week. Got a clipped sheath for it and even if it's a bit awkward at first, I'm getting used to it. So far it has peeled a grapefruit, sliced a lemon and opened boxes, so the patina is setting in nicely.

Back