What folders do the RAT guys carry

For the last few years a RAT 3 has been the only constant in my EDC. I do not leave the house without it. Everything else rotates, even my carry pistol. The RC 3 is sitting under the christmas ready to be opened and it will replaced the RAT 3 on my belt but my folders rotate. I know they made a RAT 1 folder but I did not like the stud. So I figured I would ask the guys who made the perfect EDC fixed blade what folders they carry?

Mike and I both carry our own folder, the Model 1. Unless I'm reviewing something else it is my EDC. So far, I'm still using the same folder I got when they were first introduced. The design just fits my hand good. Can't wait to get this going in an American made folder.

Are you planning to upgrade the blade steel on the American made folder? We are all prepared for ~150$ price tag for this beauty :)

I just ordered a Model 1 - can't wait to get my hands on it - and I have no idea why I waited so long to get one. ??? The USA Model 1 is going to be fantastic though, I can't wait!

I guess I will be patiently awaiting your American made folder. I hope it is in S30V. Until then I think I am going to buy a Blade Tech RIJBAK next month and give it a try. I really like the AUS 8 on the RAT because it was so easy to sharpen. The blade shape was great but the stud I didnt really care for. I liked it being able to be carried tip down. So like was previously said I will pay whatever you want for the new ones.

Model 1 folder is my working EDC, show here with my TAK-1. Looking forward to any new RAT folding offerings:D

Don't start throw'n punches--- Are you gonna do a chisel grind folder for the New Year?
Lycosa

I've always liked the look of the Model 1. If at any point it comes with G-10 handles and something other than a liner lock (particularly frame lock or back lock) I'd definitely look harder at them.

YEAH. There's got to be a frame lock model in the works. UPGRADE! please.
Lycosa

Since we're talking about the RAT folder and it being American manufactured, does it mean that everything will stay the same (shape, length of blade...)? Or will you make changes to the folder? If I may, I would like to suggest a 4" blade to the folder. I've always liked my folders with a bigger blade (bigger the better, and this not about pr0n boyos :) ). Any chance of that happening?

At this stage we're thinking it will stay close to the same as the current model.

I almost pick up a folder but not american made keep me from doing it.. the whole Rat series american made then put out a folder that was not turn me off on the folder.I like the looks and feel but I will wait for the release of the RAT Cutlery version USA made and use the money I did not spend on the original version to buy at least 3 of the newer ,better USA versions ! Just my two cents..TTD

Back