What happens if you own a retired model, and it breaks?

What if you own one of the straight handled models, say a Badger, or Mean street, and It breaks? What kind of replacement do you get from Busse? They obviously don't make them anymore. Would Jerry make you another? They do make the Badger in the "E" configuration now, so I guess they could substitute that for the straight handled Badger, but what about the Mean Street and their variants?

We will replace any knife with a knife of similar selling price. . . . of course "selling price" refers to the price that we originally sold the knife for. Some old Busses have increased so greatly in value that we would have to clear out the entire shop if we offered replacements at current market value.
smile.gif

In some instances, we have kept some old blanks available for any warranty issues that might occur.

Hope this helps,

Jerry Busse

Woah! How do you break one
eek.gif

Hack your way into a Bradley cause you locked the keys inside
confused.gif

biggrin.gif

------------------

"Don't get even, get odd"

I know the chances of me breaking my Lean Mean Street are slim, I just hope I don't because Busse dosen't make a blade that size anymore. I'd hate to settle for a bigger blade in trade when the LMS is the perfect size for my applications. Still the best warranty on the market though.

Yes, I think Jerry is still doing it the old way:

Make tools that don't break, and stand behind the product.
smile.gif

We've seen many manufacturers in the last 25 years or so (Craftsman Tools come to mind) figure out the New Way:

Make tools so cheaply you can afford to replace a few and still make a huge profit. After all, most buyers don't really use them much.
frown.gif

I'm still thinking about that video I saw of the guy doing automobile rescue with a Steelheart. I'd REALLY have to work to break mine. That's a good feeling.
biggrin.gif

Umm, Jerry, I'm anticipating breaking my old Straight handled BM and SH II, so can you send me those blanks in advance?

uhh, I mean I dropped both of those knives in the river, and need replacements.

uhh, actually The knives ended up in a steel mill's melting pot by accident and I need replacements.

Don't worry about coating those replacements for me, I'll coat them myself. Hurry up with the replacements, I'm going to need them since I'm going to Tierra Del Fuego to hunt LLama next month.

Accidentally dredged this up—meant to copy the quote and hit “reply” by mistake—sorry. Concerning specifics on warranty claims for knives that are no longer in production:

We will replace any knife with a knife of similar selling price. . . . of course "selling price" refers to the price that we originally sold the knife for. Some old Busses have increased so greatly in value that we would have to clear out the entire shop if we offered replacements at current market value.

In some instances, we have kept some old blanks available for any warranty issues that might occur.

Yeah—didn’t mean to reply to the thread and resurrect it. Was just trying to copy the quote. Oops

Wait, this was 18 years ago. Jerry owes me from 18 years ago. He cant even remember what happened yesterday much less 18 years ago.

Honestly, I cannot imagine "breaking" one of my Busse knives beyond repair.

Nothing I've done has even appreciably dulled one, let alone got to the point of needing repair.

While I appreciate the warranty and it does bring a piece of mind....my users have been THRASHED and I cannot imagine being able to use one to the point of being destroyed in any situation besides life/death....and in that case, I'd want the remains to be put in a shadowbox as remembrance to what saved my ass.

But I have to say, Busse never replaced those knives that ended up lost. So the warranty was a fail. Jerry failed me again. Bastard

Lost? Sheiiit. You threw it in the river. How is that a Jerry fail? Bastard.

I’m still waiting to hear what he used to defend himself against those vicious llamas.:eek:

Last edited:
Back