What have been Benchmade's flagship models over time?

Twindog

Gold Member
I'm not sure if Benchmade has official flagship models, but I wonder what they would be over time.

I'm thinking the Rukus has to be in there for the early 2000s. Maybe the 710 or AFCK before that. Just don't know. I thought the 761 was the flagship for a while, but it seems to have lose popularity fast.

940 and griptilian are among there best sellers.

Last edited:
have no idea benchmade thinks are their flagship models, but to me....it was the 710, 908 and the 42 bali. there are a few others on that list. ironically all discontinued.

I would say currently they are trying to put the 940 as their flagship.

But I agree it was foolish of them to discontinue their other flagship beloved knives. 710, Griptillian, Afck.

Butterfly knives are supposed to be their real flagships though I suppose.

My list would be 710, 94x, Griptilian (in any flavor...) AFCK, and yes, the 42. Then the 910, and the Stryker family. And these would be the mainstays of anyone's collection. Of these, if asked for only two models, the 710 and the Ritter Grip would/could keep me happy.

I got the sense that the 781 is the new flagship -- sort of building on and learning from their 761, plus going back to their axis lock roots.

I second the original butterfly knives, even though I don't know the models. But the knives I do think are important are the 710 being the first axis. Grip for being less expensive and a do all knife. And the 940 because it's the best knife ever. Lol love mine. Sleek light and sexy lol

My list would be 710, 94x, Griptilian (in any flavor...) AFCK, and yes, the 42. Then the 910, and the Stryker family. And these would be the mainstays of anyone's collection. Of these, if asked for only two models, the 710 and the Ritter Grip would/could keep me happy.

I think that's the classic list of BM "flagship" models. :thumbsup:

Maybe Benchmade doesn't have official flagships. I thought I remembered that the company described the Rukus as its flagship model some years ago, but I can't find that reference.

The only reference I can find on Benchmade's site regarding a flagship model is the 761 Monolock series, but that may just be marketing language:

"Smooth lines and precision machine work define the upscale appearance of our flagship titanium folder and bearing washers provide a near-magic feel to the blade action."

http://www.benchmade.com/everyday-knives/mini-ti-monolock-family.html

What about the Adamas? Would that be considered the "flagship" model of the Black Class?

I think @RamZar posted a list of all time best-selling Benchmades at BF a while back. Perhaps he'll see this and post here. My recollection was the top three were: #1 940, #2 Griptilian, and #3 710.

Maybe Jimmy Benchmade Benchmade can chime in here.

My list of personal flagships in no particular order would include AFCK, Stryker, 710, and Griptilian--especially Ritters--in anything but Noryl scales.

We don't officially designate flagship knives but for Blue Class it would probably be the Griptilians, 940 and 710. For Black Class it would probably be the Infidel, AFO and Presidio.

940/710/ grippies for sure. The 710 should have never have Even been discontinued as it was the first axis lock and one wicked knife!!!! The Stryker also is important and afck is a good one. Lol. Some great knives they had!!! At least the 940 is still around. If I lost mine I'd buy a new one tomorrow. Great edc. Amazing edc!!!

Going back before afck, the 750 was the poor man's Sebenza of the 90's with a ATS- 34 blade and Ti framelock.

Still able to find these if patient, they were Benchmade's answer to the Sebbie and worth seeking. The one in the photo is the final version of the knife.

Yes it does. I have a number of knives in ATS-34 and being very similar to 154CM, it's good stuff.

Back