What have I got here?

I've been out of the busse game for quite a while now. Came across these and would like more information on them as well as a fair market value (assuming I can ask that here.)

Thank you for any information you can provide.

First is an ash 1 I think?

Next is a fusion battle mistress. Not sure if it's a fbm or ffbm.

No idea on this last one.

Thanks again!

Damn Sir. I know enough to those are quite some specimens to just "come across." Lol. Dont know enough, beyond its a Skinny ASH with magnums, and I think an FFBM LE, so Ill let the experts weigh in, but pretty sure the third one is the most special.

Definitely FBMLE.
The FBMLE was on the chunky side at .320".
I don't think a FFBMLE exists.

And I think the bottom one would be a SHSH II. SHSH has a 6.5" blade, the SHSH II is an inch longer.

The market's pretty soft right now and I haven't really been paying attention, but I think you could get $1000 for the FBMLE and something close to that for the SHSH II. The Skinny ASH-1 would be less, but I don't know how much less. Mabne $600?

Last edited:
Definitely FBMLE.
The FBMLE was on the chunky side at .320".
I don't think a FFBMLE exists.

And I think the bottom one would be a SHSH II. SHSH has a 6.5" blade, the SHSH II is an inch longer.

The market's pretty soft right now and I haven't really been paying attention, but I think you could get $1000 for the FBMLE and something close to that for the SHSH II.

Those prices seem correct to me and I would say probably around $400 or so on the Skinny ASH1.

As for the FBMLE, I didn't think there was an FFBM LE but that thing looks chonky!

3 classic pieces right there. The FBM-LE is one of Jerry's exceptional blades. It IMHO is the quintessential Busse Combat FBM.

Skinny ASH1 - with sheath, (unused): $450 - $500. Green INFI less common than many others.

SHSH2 - with sheath, (unused): $500 - $550. Rounded Pommel makes it less rare than the Bird’s Beak.

Neither come up often. Especially the SHSH2. I don’t collect the Mistress, but have “several” of the other two.

But it’s a buyer’s market. And I’ve seen both of them sell outside of the range I’ve provided. In both directions.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Back