what have you bought so far? (2021)

A SAK, Opinel 8, Fallkniven A1, and an Aitor Jungle King 2 to play with. I've sold 10 knives so far this past month. Next up is a K.O. Worksharp, then eventually a Busse, by the fall. Have a great rest of the day, everybody!đź‘Š

Just curious what fellow knife nuts have accumulated so far this year. I'm loving this new hobby ( only 3 yrs in) so far for this year I have bought the following:

Salt 2 serrated H1
Endura k390
Kapara s30v
Gayle Bradley 2
Hogue Ritter rsk mk1g2 20cv
Adamas cruwear
Bugout s30v
.....waiting on the 2 benchmades, their on the way now.
Benchmade Bugout CF Elite

One of them was a 3.5 stonewash bowie... sorry buddy. :(

GVExAPr.jpg
Damn you!
Just kiddin man sweet knife, I really hope they come out with another batch soon.

Hogue RSK 1 for a gift
Buck 110 to replace lost one that was from 1972
Bark River Canadian 3V
Case Large Stockman CV
Green Benchmade 940 S30V
Randall Model 7 in SS w. Green Micarta ordered in 2017 was delivered
Rhode Island mfg. Imperial Barlow from the flea market
SAK Classic
Orange Mora Companion

More than I intended to. I had actually slowed down my purchases a bit in recent years, focusing on fewer more expensive knives that I could enjoy more, rather than picking up every single knife that appeals to me. But then this year I found "needs" to fill and knives that were just calling to me. I guess I was just fooling myself and perhaps this addiction just comes in cycles ;)

--First, as I was spending the better part of Jan/Feb back home in Florida, I decided I needed a fixed blade for an impromptu camping trip. Time for a quick trip to Wally-World to pick up the best thing in the entire store, The Buck 119.

--Then, while I was down there I was doing a good but of kayaking, so of course I needed the new Pacific Salt.

--Next I think came the exclusive DLT 4-Max, which was irresistible once I came up with the idea I had to customize it.

--When I was ordering that, I realized that I already had a CV Case Copperhead sitting in my cart that I wanted, so I used that as an excuse to go ahead and pick that one up.

--This almost lead me down a Case rabbit hole of knives that I had been wanting to pick up for a while, but I was able to satisfy my knife fix by having fun researching them, and stopped at just 3 more (for now ;)). I had wanted a Swayback and decided on Cabernet handles, but also came across a discontinued blue bone that I couldn't resist. The third (not pictured below because it's in the mail) was a Teardrop pattern in "Kentucky Bluegrass" bone handles.

--Next was a GEC #38 English Whittler in Bloodwood. No pics of that one yet as well, because while it is a stunning knife, I'm just not sure if it's a keeper for me yet, so it has spent its life in the tube thus far.

--Another pickup that is not pictured is the Delica sized LC200N Wharncliffe Salt. I have some ideas for a small project on that one.

--Just in yesterday was the exclusive 20CV Manix in translucent teal. I'm a sucker for funky colors so that was a must grab.

--Recently I've also been feeling the call of autos again as well. I honestly thought I was over that phase, and unfortunately parted with a good deal of the ones I've had, but now I'm feeling a resurgence in their appeal to me. I'm particularly diggin' the idea of the juxtaposition of toting a traditional knife paired with an auto. I still have a few, but I also have a Kershaw Launch 10 in teal on it's way in hopes that it may quell the desire a bit; before the inevitable dive back into Microtech, Protech, and the likes.

I'm telling myself I'm good for a while, but we'll see.

57OOm1f.jpg

s2zub3P.jpg

Ct5EaFu.jpg

9R8S62q.jpg

dl8XkvB.jpg

iBbrTSl.jpg

Q1Laaoq.jpg

So far this year I've only bought two knives; the CRKT blacked out Jumbo with the 5" blade [ huge by crkt standards] and the CRKT Ritual with it's 4.5" blade, again quite big for this company . A great design with odd handle colors. As soon as my local knife seller gets in all of Cold Steels 2021 models I'll definitely make up for lost time.

Oh man... It's a small but good list. Here it is in order

* Hinderer Firetac Triway
* Koenig Arius Gen 4
* Richard Rodgers OE SLUT
* Medford Slim Midi
* Hinderer Eklipse gen 3 + Ti scale
* Spyderco Pochi
* Spyderco Kapara DLT explusive
* Massdrop Keen
* Lionsteel ROK Ti

AND the most recent and excellent....

* Rockstead Higo ii X

Knives I got this year, in order of getting them

Microtech Ultratech DE
Spyderco PM 2 (bladehq exclusive dlc M4 tanto, natural g10 jade scales)
Microtech Combat Troodon Bounty Hunter tanto
Microtech LUDT
Microtech SOCOM Elite tanto auto
CRK Sebenza 21 tanto
Mora rope knife
Ka-Bar USSF Fighing/Utility knife (LOL - had to get one)

Man, being stuck at home and bored out of my mind has meant this is probably my biggest year of collecting so far.

I hope my wife never sees this post, but here goes:

Shirogorov NeOn Ultralight
Busse SHE2
Busse BME2
BM 171 Competition chopper
BM 560 BK-1 Super Freek
Case/Bose Wilfred Lockback
Chris Reeve large Inkosi Micarta
Cold Steel 4-Max Scout
Cold Steel Voyageur 5.5" clip point
Cold Steel 1 piece Bowie
Cold Steel Broken Skull
Cold Steel Shanghai Shadow
Pena X-Series Swayback
Pena X-Series Zulu
Spyderco Endura in K390
Spyderco Pacific Salt 2 in LC200N
Viper Swayback in stag
Viper Sowbelly in stag
Zero Tolerance ZT 0022
Zero Tolerance ZT 0462

Having typed that all out, I'm now thinking I should have done something more productive with all that cash but bah well. On the plus side, I bought my first pieces for some brands I had never tried before like Shiro, Busse, Cold Steel, Pena/Reate and ZT. I have enjoyed all of them and will have to get...more...?

Gulp.

Microtech Ultratech Bounty Hunter
ZT 0640 Bronze
Spyderco Native Chief S90V
Spyderco ZWear Shaman (sold)
Cold Steel 4 Max Scout
Chaves Ultramar Redencion 229 Tanto
Liong Mah Warrior V2 Marbled CF
Hinderer Ranch Harpoon Spanto 3V
Emerson Hattin
Emerson Tactical Kwaiken
Emerson A100
Southern Grind Bad Monkey CF
Spartan Harsey Runes and Staves
Spartan Harsey Warthog
Dan Tope Lucky 7
Hogue Doug Ritter
Steingraber Sasquatch CPM M4
Hinderer Skinny 3.5 Harpoon Spanto
4D Custom Knives Serbian Chef's Knife (custom)
Third Shift Projects Kitchen Utility knife (custom)
Medford 187 3V

Sold 23 this year as well.

Last edited:
- Civivi Riffle in 14C28N
- Harnds Talisman in 14C28N
- A nice little EDC fixed blade in LC200N from David Mary Custom

It's been a good year for nitrogen...

Two Ontario Bushcraft Field knives
Kabar Dogs Head
Cold Steel shovel
Two Cold Steel Bush Rangers
Tramontina 12 inch machete
Two Pirahna skinning knives
Brass and wood Buck 119
Plain Buck 119
Mora Carbon Garberg
Esee Darkwash Izula 2
Mora Kansbol x 2
You re like me. If I really think I m going to like a knife, I buy two. One for back up.

The only knife I ve bought in 2021 was a backup Cold Steel Air Lite. After buying the first a couple of years ago, that knife has really grown on me as an edc. I like it more than I thought I would.

You re like me. If I really think I m going to like a knife, I buy two. One for back up.

The only knife I ve bought in 2021 was a backup Cold Steel Air Lite. After buying the first a couple of years ago, that knife has really grown on me as an edc. I like it more than I thought I would.

Yeah, I tend to buy in twos and threes. The ones listed in singles in my 2021 I already have one or two of. A few I really like I may have four or five.

I only have one Garberg though. I don’t particularly care for the steep Scandinavian grind, the higher price, and the plunge grind area.

I keep eyeballing the Air Light, but have
not committed to one yet. I have not handled one, but the handle looks a bit uncomfortable. I do like that blade profile though.

One small Ember by Josh of REK...
Two Busse fixed blades of thinner blade-stock for my casual use.
I don't buy much any more...pretty well maxed out and keep very few around.

Back