what have you bought so far? (2021)

Oh boy... I made my mind up not to buy anything this year and enjoy what I have. Annnnnd, so far I’ve bought:

2 Ratmandus (1 was for my son)
2 Ergo Mean Streets (1 was for my son)
TG-M
Hellrazor
Rodent Trail
Kershaw Boa and CJRB Feldspar (for my wife)
Mikov Predator
Douk Douk
Otter Messer Ankermesser
Another Otter still on the way from Germany

I’ve gone years at a time without buying a single knife and the one time I actually say I’m not going to, I do that. :rolleyes:

I did sell two Protechs and an AGA Campolin but jeebus. 🤬

Only the Pacific Salt 2.

To be honnest this knife has been a "shop-stopper" for me regarding pocket knives. Love the steel, ergos, bladelenght and the color.

Will it be my last knife purchase? I don't think so, but so far so good.

:cool::thumbsup:

dH7E7xBl.jpg

Boker Barlow
Spyderco Chaparral Rafir Noble
Spyderco Yojimbo 2
Spyderco Delica K390
Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21 Tanto
Cold Steel 4 Max Scout
Cold Steel Voyager Vaquero XL
Fox 121 Ti Wilson Combat Elmax version
CRKT Symmetry
CRKT Buku
QSP Penguin
Antique Victorian Era Slater Brothers Venture fixed blade
IL&S Electricians knife from the 1930's
+ made about 5-6 fixed blades.

I’ve really not bought much this year..I got a Spyderco PM2 in S110V,a DLT exclusive Spyderco Manix 2 in Cruwear,the new Benchmade Bugout in carbon fiber+S90V,a Benchmade Super Freek in M4 and a Benchmade Mini Adamas in Cruwear and a Condor Terrasaur...I believe that is all I’ve bought so far in 2021

Fun year and still testing out my purchases!

Folders:

-Spyderco PM2
-Spyderco Manix 2
-Spyderco Military
-Spyderco PM3
-Protech Strider SNG
-Hinderer Eklipse Harpoon Spanto
-Hinderer XM-18 Bowie

Fixed:

-ESEE 6P-B
-Fallkniven AL2
-Hinderer Ranch HS
-Winkler Caswell Field
-Ratmandu INFI
-Spartan Harsey Difensa

So far after quite a bit of ergonomic and function testing, there are only 2 folders and 1 fixed where I am regretting my purchase.

Last edited:
I'm not sure. I think my last knife (offshore Old Timer 7OT) was with the first Stimulus that Uncle Donny sent out. I'm pretty sure it was delivered prior to 01/01/02021.
Lackabucks and a "greater need" of other things (honestly, I have more than enough knives to last into my next life) has cut into my buying cutley.
I might replace the faux west German Cold War Era Bundeswher that I put away where I can't find it, sometime this year ... or maybe I'll just get a folding saw or a inexpensive bow saw, instead.

2021 purchases:
- Mega RMD and 10" Jackhammer (both in tan/black g10 on nuclear fallout cerakote)
- k390 Endela
- k390 Delica
- fixed blade from Aaron Gray
- small micarta inkosi (tried and sold)

In addition the Inkosi, I sold a few other things that were pretty much just taking up space...so, I think I'm only actually up one knife (and will likely let a few more go in the near future)

2021 purchases:
- Mega RMD and 10" Jackhammer (both in tan/black g10 on nuclear fallout cerakote)
- k390 Endela
- k390 Delica

In addition the Inkosi, I sold a few other things that were pretty much just taking up space...so, I think I'm only actually up one knife (and will likely let a few more go in the near future)

Yesterday I ordered a small micarta Inkosi, thinking it is the large one, and I quickly cancelled the order when I realized my mistake.
What was your problem with it? Too small? The small Sebenza 21 is just right for me, but the small Inkosi is smaller.

What was your problem with it? Too small? The small Sebenza 21 is just right for me, but the small Inkosi is smaller.
I don't care for natural micarta. It was never going to be a keeper - I bought it only to find out how it felt in hand, with the intent of selling my small WC 21 if it was okay (figuring I'd ultimately get a black micarta, or WC, inkosi). On initial inspection, it seemed like it would work for me...but, when I gave it one last try before shipping, I decided my index finger felt pinched (and I don't have fat fingers).
I'll probably still sell the small WC, at some point - when it comes right down to it, my hand likes the spider monkey and Ritter Mini G2 a lot better.

So far:

- Case Barlow with brown Giraffe Bone scales
- Case Sowbelly Stockman with green jigged bone scales
- Bradford Guardian 3 with green Micarta and M390 steel
- Spyderco Dragonfly II w/ Zome green handles and VG10 steel
- Spyderco Kapara
- SAK One Hand Trekker (on its way)

Not much. A bunch of Rat1's and 2's. A large Cold Steel Espada, Spartan, a couple of mini Leathernecks, and Finn Wolf, to replace the one I gave away. My prefered vendor is starting to get some C.S. shipments in, and I have phone alerts set up for a few that I want to snag. But the warden and I both got fishing licenses this year, and metal detecting season is on. The focus is shifting to other areas. But I often multi task hobbies. I love fishing in the north as I can wear something like a Condor undertaker to a boreal forest lake, and no one screams or faints.............This thread just reminded me that I have a filleting knife coming in off the big river.

Last edited:
Is it bad that I want to buy another knife, but there just isn't one out there right now that is either

A: Available
B: Something I like
C: Willing to spend the dough on

Thus far, none of the above.

2021 purchases:
- k390 Endela
- k390 Delica

<Sigh>
Guess I've got to sell a few more... I've now got a Berg Iron Pup from KnifeCenter, and a Hess Whitetail from the Exchange, coming my way

Last edited:
Just added a Kershaw Shallot 1840ST (silver PS) and a ZT 0350 CB (composite blade) to add to my collections of Shallots (8) and ZT 0350s (3).

This makes a total of 13 knives that I've bought in 2021 so far.

Update 5/16/2021:

Just bought direct w/Spyderco the newly released SmallFly (B02GP2) to pair w/the original SmallFly (B02GP) already in my collection, which ups the total of knives purchased in 2021 to 14 knives.

Last edited:
Just curious what fellow knife nuts have accumulated so far this year. I'm loving this new hobby ( only 3 yrs in) so far for this year I have bought the following:

Leatherman surge
Salt 2 serrated H1
Endura k390
Kapara s30v
Gayle Bradley 2
Hogue Ritter rsk mk1g2 20cv
Adamas cruwear
Bugout s30v
.....waiting on the 2 benchmades, their on the way now.

Update-- Spartan harsey folder NW coast special edition
-- Spartan harsey folder plague doctor special edition (shipping in July)
Year of the Buck for me
119 75th anniversary edition
Paklite elite 135, 136 S30v
Sprint Pro 841
110 Slim Pro green micarta
104 Compadre with red blade walnut handle
192 Vanguard with walnut handle

OKC Ranger Nightstalker 4
RTAK II
RAT 1

Back