Photos What I do when I'm hiding in the barn.

Wissahickon Knives

@wissahickon_knives
Hi, my name is Matt and I make knives under the name Wissahickon Knives. I'm in Kennett Square, Pa. I've been at it for a hair under two years. Most of what I make has an outdoor/camping/bushcraft focus but I've started dabbling in kitchen stuff too. Rather than bore you with more of my memoir, here's a bunch of knives.
It's probably worth mentioning that some of these photos were taken before the knives were totally finished so there are a few sanding scratches and probably no secondary bevels on anything that required one. I get anxious when it comes to photo time... my apologies.

First up, Mapmakers. These are sort of my "flagship"
dMfzmrN.jpg

5RkIK6q.jpg

Pdb8w82.jpg

daRQHCm.jpg

And a few Mousetrappers. These started out as a small game sort of deal but ended up being pretty handy for carving so I started putting scandi grinds on them after a while.

GPQXdxl.jpg

J6QJfsr.jpg

csGgZ4C.jpg

yjUj3Fz.jpg

Walt Whittlers. Small EDC.

6mgH4Na.jpg

mkrSiuS.jpg

CbohjWM.jpg

Kelpius. A somewhat larger camp knife.

swN9xEJ.jpg

uD7wdu2.jpg

TJUfDOq.jpg

Jackrabbits. These were meant to replace a small camp knife I used to make. They're pretty handy but don't sell that well so I'm not sure they'll be around much longer. I still think they're cool.
RYsrCAL.jpg

LjvSqZB.jpg

and some kitchen stuff. My new hobby.

IzRt0hI.jpg

MIN0Ifg.jpg

pyuZM9A.jpg

z3nzPHX.jpg

That's it. Thanks for having a look!

-Matt

The full grind MOUSETRAPPERS are really nice and the Black Chef's /paring combo are excellent too. :cool:
Not to disparage the others, I like quite a few of them but I mention the most appealing to me. Nice work :thumbsup:

Ray

The full grind MOUSETRAPPERS are really nice and the Black Chef's /paring combo are excellent too. :cool:
Not to disparage the others, I like quite a few of them but I mention the most appealing to me. Nice work :thumbsup:

Ray
Thank you! I'm a big fan of the mousetrappers too. I stopped making them for a while but I just got a big batch of them finished so you will probably see more of that one soon.

Where did you come from all of a sudden?? Very nice stuff, very clean. You have a good eye and steady hands.
Your chef pieces are impressive.

Where did you come from all of a sudden?? Very nice stuff, very clean. You have a good eye and steady hands.
Your chef pieces are impressive.
Thanks! I've been making these for about two years now, I just haven't spent a lot of time on Bladeforums.

Wow, very impressive. I love how your designs are so functional and practical- but yet you make them so classy!

Nice work man. I like them all. :thumbsup:

Hi, my name is Matt and I make knives under the name Wissahickon Knives. I'm in Kennett Square, Pa. I've been at it for a hair under two years. Most of what I make has an outdoor/camping/bushcraft focus but I've started dabbling in kitchen stuff too. Rather than bore you with more of my memoir, here's a bunch of knives.
It's probably worth mentioning that some of these photos were taken before the knives were totally finished so there are a few sanding scratches and probably no secondary bevels on anything that required one. I get anxious when it comes to photo time... my apologies.

First up, Mapmakers. These are sort of my "flagship"
dMfzmrN.jpg

5RkIK6q.jpg

Pdb8w82.jpg

daRQHCm.jpg

And a few Mousetrappers. These started out as a small game sort of deal but ended up being pretty handy for carving so I started putting scandi grinds on them after a while.

GPQXdxl.jpg

J6QJfsr.jpg

csGgZ4C.jpg

yjUj3Fz.jpg

Walt Whittlers. Small EDC.

6mgH4Na.jpg

mkrSiuS.jpg

CbohjWM.jpg

Kelpius. A somewhat larger camp knife.

swN9xEJ.jpg

uD7wdu2.jpg

TJUfDOq.jpg

Jackrabbits. These were meant to replace a small camp knife I used to make. They're pretty handy but don't sell that well so I'm not sure they'll be around much longer. I still think they're cool.
RYsrCAL.jpg

LjvSqZB.jpg

and some kitchen stuff. My new hobby.

IzRt0hI.jpg

MIN0Ifg.jpg

pyuZM9A.jpg

z3nzPHX.jpg

That's it. Thanks for having a look!

-Matt
Nice work. It is interesting to see how you have progressed. The difference between the early knives and the more recent is easily discernible. The golden handles chefs knife is a recent one I bet. Really good work. Please post the details of the construction at some point- metal, hardening and the like. Do you forge? Are you selling on a website or on Facebook? Thanks for posting.

Very nice! :thumbsup: I like the flat ground mousetrapper. I also like the jackrabbit, if it was flat ground I bet it'd be a little monster. What are the specs of your knives?

Sounds like you have a good road ahead of you, classic designs, still unique and quality cdesign construction. Keep up the good work for this New Year.

Wow....very nice! I aspire to be in your league someday. I think it may take me more than two years though! Super clean bevels and handles. I really like your jimping too. Very classy. Are you making any sheaths?

Wow....very nice! I aspire to be in your league someday. I think it may take me more than two years though! Super clean bevels and handles. I really like your jimping too. Very classy. Are you making any sheaths?

Thanks! Yeah, I stopped making sheaths for a while but it was pretty inconvenient for everyone so I'm back at it. Takes a lot of time but it's a big help.

Thanks! Yeah, I stopped making sheaths for a while but it was pretty inconvenient for everyone so I'm back at it. Takes a lot of time but it's a big help.
I would love to see some of your sheaths too. I really enjoy the leather work after making a knife. It’s like a cool down kind of thing. Anyways, great work. Your craftsmanship is an inspiration. Take care!

Back