What is at the old Buck factory address now?

ohen cepel

Gold Member
I was in San Diego last week and should have made a point of taking a drive there just for my own reasons. However, didn't think about it till now (life is hectic now).

What is at the San Diego address now? Original factory still there?

It was in El Cajon which is next to San Diego.................Been there but don't know the address...........carl

1900 Weld Boulevard
El Cajon, CA 92020

This address is now a Race Car Dynamics factory. I google earth"it...

1900 Weld Boulevard
El Cajon, CA 92020

This address is now a Race Car Dynamics factory. I google earth"it...

An early address for Buck:

Buck Knives
3220 Congress Street
San Diego 10, CA

1900 Weld Blvd is actually in Santee, Ca. The El Cajon, Ca line was for USPS use as Santee and El Cajon border on each other. Many people call that all inclusive area El Cajon.

An early address for Buck:

Buck Knives
3220 Congress Street
San Diego 10, CA

1900 Weld Blvd is actually in Santee, Ca. The El Cajon, Ca line was for USPS use as Santee and El Cajon border on each other. Many people call that all inclusive area El Cajon.

Santee/ El Cajon whatever, it comes up as El cajon on the address search. Its a race shop

Google image search says this was the El Cajon factory...

7470681708_63b4679944_b.jpg

The earliest address is the 1272 Morena Blvd, San Diego Ca. Before that I think Hoyt Buck was building knives in Mountain Home ID. Some of the early sporting mags ( circa 1950) had an address of 9120 Wakarusa St. La Mesa, CA 91942, that I have been unable to find out exact who owned it and why Buck Knives was having knives sent there. Weather it was for warranty work, or they were actually building knives out of this address I don't know. The search for info goes on...

La Mesa is very close to El Cajon and maybe in those early days they were storing, shipping and receiving from the La Mesa addy as they were increasing their tooling and shop/ware house space and logistics....I worked in LA and we had a few locations for similar reasons....just a wild guess...

It is now called Gibson and Barnes - a leather jacket factory (bomber jackets, etc.)

oldbuckfactorygibsonand.jpg

Back