What is in the works at CPK?

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This question recently came up again and I figured it warrants a thread

Nathan, can you give us the order of the new blades that are coming so we can prepare our bank accounts? Ax, 8 inch integral Shiv, Amazon knife, kukri(I added that one), etc?

Kephart
Basic line 5-in field knife
Basic line Super Duty Field Knife

^ Steel is here, we are decking material on these now.

View attachment 1447191

In the works collaborations include
Lorien Arnold Kukri
Keffeler tanto
Keffeler trench sword
DEK2

Also in the works:
Possible kitchen knife
Micro EDC
Folding all steel field knife
Integral Shiv
Axe
Utility Fighter 2

In process:
DEK1
4" Dagger
K18 sword
Kephart
5" basic line Filed Knife

Currently available:
Field Knife 2
12" Behemother

Last edited:
Up coming sales for the next month or three will probably include

Dek1 in D3V and AEBL
Hard Thin Field Knife 2
12" Behemother
K18 blem
Mark's folders
Kephart (starting with AEBL)

The 5" Basic Field Knife will start milling chips in about three weeks

We're finishing up beveling the AEBL Kepharts today. We'll start beveling 3V tomorrow

We're continuing to ship Dek1 and K18 for the pre-orders

Up coming sales for the next month or three will probably include

Dek1 in D3V and AEBL
Hard Thin Field Knife 2
12" Behemother
K18 blem
Mark's folders
Kephart (starting with AEBL)

The 5" Basic Field Knife will start milling chips in about three weeks

We're finishing up beveling the AEBL Kepharts today. We'll start beveling 3V tomorrow

I believe I’m finally going to pick up a Behemother from you when it comes up for purchase again!

Thanks Nathan! This is helpful info. I don't see the UF2 or the signature line SDFK on the list. Are they still upcoming and will there be pre-orders for these? (take my money...please)

The SDFK is there but you're right I forgot the UF2. Corrected, thank you. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.
What is "Basic line"?

We're going to continue our signature series production here on Blade Forums, but we're also adding some more affordable simplified offerings for distribution on Amazon to gain some exposure to normal people. It's an experiment. I get a lot of complaints from folks about our confusing and frustrating business model, so it's an attempt to address some short comings for people who don't forum good.

Thanks for the update, now I just have to decide what I’d like next. With CPK I know those crates have knife material in them. If that picture came from Survive those would be random pictures of empty crates. I waited for my DEK1 having full confidence that you would get to me sooner rather than later. Exactly what happened and I’m looking forward to ordering another CPK. And besides, I know your mom is keeping an eye on you.

I must say, i am very excited for the 2021 Carothers line up: folder, new UF, maybe an integral Shiv, maybe an axe head. My poor wallet. I do need to go on a diet, never thought it'd be the Carothers diet.

What are y'all excited for?

Solid lineup:
Remainder of the DEK1 (standard and swedged, Delta 3V and AEBL)
Remaining K18 swords (10-20 of them this summer)

Kephart (on machines now)
5" Utility Field Knife (bare bones value priced utility knife for Amazon distribution experiment. Material is here and being decked now)
7" Super Duty Field Knife (utility grade for Amazon distribution experiment. Material is here and will be decked next, to 1/4". This will be a "Busse level" unbreakable knife)

There will be some kind of new Utility Fighter for a new customer. The details are fuzzy but will firm up by summer.

Other projects on the white board that don't have material made yet and/or aren't solid on a schedule:
Lorien's Kukri (90% chance)
Lorien's next DEK project (90% chance)
Some kind of weapon from the twisted mind of Dr. Keffeler (50% chance)
Ninja Swords! (25%)
Axe head (25%)
folder (CPK Folding Field Knife) (90%)
folder (Mark's new folder, Delta 3V, in process now)
Integral Shiv (75%)
Three finger micro EDC (75%)
AEBL Kitchen knife (25%)
Some kind of little dagger made from the Kukri drops (10%)

Knives that are out of production that may return at some point:
HDFK
EDC2-EDC3
10" Chopper

I'm sure I've missed something, but these are the things we're currently moving on.

Also, we're hiring, if anybody is looking....

The SDFK is there but you're right I forgot the UF2. Corrected, thank you. :thumbsup:

Will there still be a "signature series" fancier SDFK offered on BF (hopefully through pre-order)? I don't see that listed anywhere. If I am blind, please let me know and make fun of me! o_O

Also, is the UF2 you speak of the same as the "5" Utility Field Knife (bare bones value priced utility knife for Amazon distribution experiment. Material is here and being decked now)"?? Or will there be a BF Signature Series UF2 as well as the Amazon bare bones version?

Will there still be a "signature series" fancier SDFK offered on BF (hopefully through pre-order)? I don't see that listed anywhere. If I am blind, please let me know and make fun of me! o_O

Also, is the UF2 you speak of the same as the "5" Utility Field Knife (bare bones value priced utility knife for Amazon distribution experiment. Material is here and being decked now)"?? Or will there be a BF Signature Series UF2 as well as the Amazon bare bones version?
CPK nomenclature can be a little confusing for those newer to CPK.

FK/FK2/UFK = Field Knife
UF = Utility Fighter (a single edged knife designed for fighting, that also has field utility capabilities. The original design is out of production, as they retooled for the DEF.
DEF = Double Edged Fighter

The UF2 will be a newly designed Utility Fighter.

Next on the CPK agenda ought to be a nice well deserved vacation BUT only after I receive my much coveted DEK1 preorders which ought to be a real doozy :D

No kidding. When the last K18 pre-order ships I'm taking a week off. We're all stretched a little thin here right now.

Back