What is the average amount you spend on your knives?

swamp

BANNED
If you added up the cost of all your knives then divided it by the number of knives you have, what do you come up with?

I don't know what I've spent on knives over the years, I don't even know how many knives I own. Are you counting kitchen cutlery? Do gifts counts?

i averaged mine out (currently own and that i purchased, not gifts) and it was 360.... wow i have a problem

I don't know what I've spent on knives over the years, I don't even know how many knives I own. Are you counting kitchen cutlery? Do gifts counts?
Just the knives you bought. No gifts. Or kitchen knives. And knives you currently own.

I'm only 21 and just started with three knives I bought over the past year, but those three average to about $30 each. A kershaw leek standard, spyderco delica 4 FFG, and a mora craftsline are all I've bought.

Now if including a couple gifts and mostly hand-me-down traditionals from my grandfathers, I would have about 25 other knives, and the average would go down to about $15-$20. To put it in to perspective for some of yall, the most expensive knife I own is a gifted $60 Buck vantage pro! I've only seen PICTURES of sebenza and strider-out-the-door-with-all-my-money knives

I keep a list of what knife, how much it cost, and when I bought it. Mine is right at 151.00

Don't know if I can figure out an average, I have knives from $6 up to $850.

If I give this some thought, I think that I have 3 "sweet spots" where I buy knives. Around $50, around $150 and over $400.

I've got probably around 90 knives (about 2/3 are NIB) and if I were to guess I would say the average is $150. That is a WAG as I haven't kept receipts and by the time I thought it might be a good idea, I had so many that I wouldn't know the majority of them. Plus ones that are traded would have to be dealt with somehow.

I could probably go through and put a number on each one that is fairly close, but I doubt I will.

A new member at the country club asked one of the senior members how much it cost to maintain his yacht. He told him, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Focus on how much you use each knife and if you don't, why you keep it, and you will end up enjoying them more. Few knives are good financial investments. Once you've bought them, the money is gone, and the value becomes, "I own it!"

Lately I have been spending about 150 each time but if you added all my knives together it is probably about 75 each.

A new member at the country club asked one of the senior members how much it cost to maintain his yacht. He told him, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Focus on how much you use each knife and if you don't, why you keep it, and you will end up enjoying them more. Few knives are good financial investments. Once you've bought them, the money is gone, and the value becomes, "I own it!"
Very well said. I enjoy using some of my knives and collecting others

I don't even look at it as spending money, I look at it as gaining a knife. To be honest these are things we want, not need. Anyone can do fine with a $20 knife, or LESS. Ya I said it. Just like anyone can do fine with a working car. We spend the money on quality because we want the finer things; why live life wishing you could have the best when you can, just have to work for it, gotta have goals, motivation. If I gave up all my expensive habbits; (knives, cigars, electronics, lighters, appliances) I guarantee I wouldn't have the satisfaction of looking around me at all my nice things and saying "Look at what I have accomplished"

Hard work pays off be it days weeks or years, usually by gaining things you want, that bring you personally joy. So at the end of the day to some a 20 dollar knife is exactly the same as a $500 knife.

Back