Off Topic What is the knife called that lust for blood?

Do you believe some knife lust for blood?

• Yes

• No

• May be

• WTF

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, there are many versions including a 15th century one in crystal. https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/75827
I was thinking about how one might make a more functional one, fully sharpened and out of high performance steel...

You mean like a pipe reamer. :)

34945_283_Reamer_72dpi.jpg

n2s

Usually, when I get bitten, the respective knife becomes one of my favorites :)

Usually, when I get bitten, the respective knife becomes one of my favorites :)
I am afraid of that, when it bites too much due to design it has to put down. Knowing when to is important. Don't want to get infection due to that. How often one clean and sterilize EDC knives?

Last edited:
Twice while cutting branches (pruning and grafting), 2 -3 times while taking it out of bag, don't know how it opened in there. Couple of times while working with packages at work place.

So your folding knife "cut you" while you were using it to cut and prune branches?

I would call that knife "Learn to Use Me Correctly or Get a Fixed Blade"

Seriously. Learn to use it correctly or get a fixed blade.

Twice while cutting branches (pruning and grafting), 2 -3 times while taking it out of bag, don't know how it opened in there. Couple of times while working with packages at work place.
At this point I'd throw the knife out, for your own safety.:D

Most SAKs come with some level of "blood curse"; it's inherent in the design.

Some scholars hypothesize it's due to centuries of Swiss neutrality.

Clean and sterilize the cut, not the knife.
Cut means foreign bodies enter blood stream, cleaning wound helps healing, can't kill that which enter circulation.

Someone can enlist knife cut borne diseases, will be grateful. Tx!

About 40 years ago, I had a hatchet that seemed to like to bite. I had a knife-maker friend work on the grind and he cut his finger. He, of all people, should know how to handle sharp tools. Later, he saw a bandage on my finger and he asked if it had gotten me too. It had indeed. Years later, I gave it to a colleague who had admired it. That was the last I heard of it.

Cut means foreign bodies enter blood stream, cleaning wound helps healing, can't kill that which enter circulation.

Someone can enlist knife cut borne diseases, will be grateful. Tx!

You can't keep the knife clean while using it for work. If it is a real problem, consider getting a fixed blade or wearing cut resistant gloves.

n2s

Yeah, I gotta admit I voted right after reading the thread title :D.
On the topic though, the knives I've cut myself the most on are balisongs, but that's on me. I have a CRKT Hissatsu folder that I love, but it had a really tight AO spring that made it hard to open with one hand, so I removed the spring. It opened really smoth after that. Then I realize that the needle point of the knife sits really shallow in the handle when closed and when carried tip up, you gotta make sure your hand isn't close to the tip when you grab the knife in case it opened in the pocket. Almost makes you think the tight spring was put in the knife with that in mind.

You can't keep the knife clean while using it for work. If it is a real problem, consider getting a fixed blade or wearing cut resistant gloves.

n2s
Hard to do paper work with gloves on. Clean means rubbing it off on pant or cloth after the job, then Yes!
Cleaning as in sterilized (germ free), No.

That knife had blood more an any other that I own.

This post belongs in a particularly cringey section of PracTac.
Sorry, new to this, did not get it!

It was the idea that was bugging me, whenever I see fancy knife and want to buy it. Can't get it out. Some knives are clumsy and blood seeking.

Back