Off Topic What is the knife called that lust for blood?

Do you believe some knife lust for blood?

• Yes

• No

• May be

• WTF

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe just get a letter opener
Its not about getting knife! I am referring to particular types. One may be skilled with knives, still can get cut when using certain variety knife. I use knife all the time at home and at work, almost never getting a cut(once or twice a year).

The only knives that needed blood before it can be sheathed we're either a kukri in battle or a Klingon Battle Blade. I think it was an honor or warrior thing.:rolleyes:

The only knives that needed blood before it can be sheathed we're either a kukri in battle or a Klingon Battle Blade. I think it was an honor or warrior thing.:rolleyes:

I am sure that is just a story that the warriors told their wives. You would not want the ladies to mess up the nice edge on your fighting knife processing tubers.;)

n2s

Last edited:
I am sure that is just a story that the warriors told their wives. You would want the ladies to mess up the nice edge on your fighting knife processing tubers.;)

n2s

Yes, but you can tell your wives they can use it for it digging tubers because ALL the other scars and dents are from your days fighting evil space aliens!! You have not sharpened it yet since you want to display the knife and stories it could tell with all the dings!! Or to make it simple, just say it is a war trophy. :p

A knife that lusts for blood is usually called “bitch” by me. At least that’s what I say when I cut myself.

Back when I was into Japanese swords there were stories about blood thirsty blades, particularly blades that had already seen combat or were tested. By tested I mean that some were inscribed on the tang "this blade cut through three men with one stroke" kinda tested.
Apparently to test a blade they would stack up prisoners and a swordsman would give it a go.
I took all my blades to the local temple so a priest could 'bless' it.
I remember a story about a sword that injured it's owner so much that the person eventually sold it.
The mysticism behind Japanese swords(fireballs shooting out of blades and stuff like that), particularly koto blades, is strong; I don't actually believe it, but I wouldn't go so far as to doubt it.

BTW, I just wanted to add: if you've ever seen a high quality older Japanese blade, I swear those things have an eerie glow. The polish and the metal...in Hawaii we call it chicken skin, something about it, je ne sais quoi.

A knife is just a tool, it's the owner that lusts for blood!

That said, I'm of the opinion that a knife really isn't yours until it cuts you the first time.
Doesn't even have to be a deep cut.....

A knife is just a tool, it's the owner that lusts for blood!

That said, I'm of the opinion that a knife really isn't yours until it cuts you the first time.
Doesn't even have to be a deep cut.....

Someone once said on this forum: never understood the "cutting yourself makes it yours" thing. Do you have to run yourself over to make your vehicle yours? ~A wise man

Hence, it ended up being my sig :cool:

I'm also of the opinion that, emergency surgeries excepted, cutting yourself on purpose is stupid.

And, to be clear, I was talking about getting bitten(cut) by surprise.

I'm also of the opinion that, emergency surgeries excepted, cutting yourself on purpose is stupid.

And, to be clear, I was talking about getting bitten(cut) by surprise.

I once opened a door on my foot by accident. It hurts but guess that door is mine now. ;)

Nope, you opened the door on purpose, your foot belongs to the door!

To be more technical, it more or less like my toe belongs to that door ;). But if what you are saying is true, i might need to accidently cut every nook and cranny on me so my knife truly belongs to me. :oops:

I’m surprised how many people don’t really get the topic of conversation here. :confused:

I’ve had a few of these. I like saks but I’ve relegated them to edc and don’t use them for work or in the woods. I noticed too many times that the blade will catch and start to close on me when I’m trying to pull the knife from a cut. I haven’t cut myself this way but if it were an emergency or I was tired and cold I may not be as careful with my cuts. Another one is the Bradford guardian 3. That little bit of blade has bitten me a few times. Same with a Farmer custom that has a similar small drop where the edge comes all the way to the finger. I rounded off the edge on the Farmer so it no longer bites me but I haven’t bothered fixing the Bradford. I don’t like the knife enough in general and I hate fixing knives. I’m over it. I expect them to just work out of the box these days.
As to what I do with them? Put them in a drawer thinking I’ll sell them but I’m too lazy to, so they stack up. :D

Back