Off Topic What is the knife called that lust for blood?

Do you believe some knife lust for blood?

• Yes

• No

• May be

• WTF

Results are only viewable after voting.
This one does:
latest

The only knives that needed blood before it can be sheathed we're either a kukri in battle or a Klingon Battle Blade. I think it was an honor or warrior thing.:rolleyes:

you're forgetting about Elric's sword - the black blade - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormbringer

it was so epic that hawkwind did many songs as did motorhead, & deep purple - listen to the greatness ;p

many many other bands also... can't even list them all

Last edited:
I was bit once when I inched up on a fixed blade for better control and it was sharp in the choil or there was a rough metal part that poked me. I also came close to being bit worse pulling a slip joint from a cut and it partially closed, luckily just a lick. I figured it was my fault for using the folder to roughly, and I figured that it should have been sharper too to cut the material better, proving the old adage that a sharp knife is safer than a dull knife.

We're gonna need pics, though.
Sorry don't have one, the incident is more than 6 years back. Its more like those of Benchmade Aller but with edge more like semi circular like those of ulu. Handle did not had the lock so it moved to the back of the blade.

I was bit once when I inched up on a fixed blade for better control and it was sharp in the choil or there was a rough metal part that poked me. I also came close to being bit worse pulling a slip joint from a cut and it partially closed, luckily just a lick. I figured it was my fault for using the folder to roughly, and I figured that it should have been sharper too to cut the material better, proving the old adage that a sharp knife is safer than a dull knife.

Sharp knife cut will bleed more but will heal fast. Just keep the wound close for a day. Still angle of cut also plays the part. Straight vertical cut to surface heal fast than cut in particular angle where one has to cut the residual flap of skin to heal the wound properly.

No, I don't believe inanimate knives lust for blood. But my Yojimbo 2 came razor sharp from the factory, and I managed to nick myself with it several times before I came to my senses and gave it the respect it deserved. That one knife taught me a valuable lesson that I haven't needed to repeat since. Which is not to say that I have never cut myself since then, just not in such a negligent or stupid manner.

Back