what is the main funtional usage of your Whiteriver knives?

fisk

National Living Treasure & Subject Matter Expert
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Is it hunting, hiking, a daily carry? What is the main functional usage of your Whiteriver knives?

Is it hunting, hiking, a daily carry? What is the main functional usage of your Whiteriver knives?

The line of knives that we originally introduced were high quality hunting knives designed for field dressing and processing game. This included our classic series knives and the more modern caper and scout. We then expanded into the survival / hiking / backpacking and EDC knives with the backpacker and knucklehead. These are lighter weight, but made with high end steel such as CPM S30V. They perform well for hunting, everyday use, or camp chores. Our fillet knives are clearly designed to fillet fish though the 6 inch version is often used for processing game. These top quality fillet knives were selected as “Gray’s Best 2014” by Gray's Sporting Journal. The latest introduction is our Justin Gingrich Signature Series. These are heavy duty tactical/survival knives. They are a bit thicker and heavier than our other knives, and truly withstand serious abuse.

Thanks for asking. Great question!

Everything when I am not in office. The monkey suit demands a smaller folder.
But everything else from cutting string to cooking to breaking down boxes when I clean up. Unless I require a bigger blade the backpacker is what I reach for

Back