What is the most Expensive EDC you really use?

I use all knives i own and designate as a "keeper" for my job and at home. ranging from $1000 shiro to $30 roadie.

that being said, i'm an accountant, so... they're used on paper, cardboard, and fruit.

the "heavy use" of my spectrum is plastic and tape... i'm going to shave some plastic/rubber off of a usb cable later today with my slysz bowie, also "heavy use"

$500+ Sebenza, Custom JD Ellis Lanny's Clip, custom Bud Nealy Custom Alkuchi FB and a R Cover Sr. Drop Point Folder, all $300+ . That's not including any of the vintage over 100-200 year old folders including a custom from the mid 1800s.

I'd be scared to leave the house with those. You are a brave man sir.

This used Regular Sebenza. Made in 2002. I picked it up recently specifically to use it. 1st thing I did was take it apart, clean it, lube it, then put it in my pocket. $400ish

9f7YPlX.jpg

I don't carry any one knife every day, so technically I do not EDC a knife.

However, I rotate and use all my folders, the most expensive being a Matt Bailey model 2 flipper geek edition.

Large 21 Seb and a CPK EDC in 4V.
21 = $300ish
CPK = $255

Both carried and used regularly. Though now that I have the CPK, the 21 has been taking a break.
The 21 was made on a Very significant date, coupled with being 1 of 7 made on that date, it is Very Unlikely that I would ever see another (made on the same day) if anything were to happen to it.

I don't carry any one knife every day, so technically I do not EDC a knife.

However, I rotate and use all my folders.
^ This
Well, I have a couple folders I've never carried or used...but I've broken down and carried most of them, at this point.
I've used my CRK large 21 snakewood (and my micarta insingo), my SNG CC, XM18 (3.5" spearpoint), CKF SSE (in my pocket right now), Tolk, and XP1. Maybe not used hard, and certainly not abused; but I'm mostly over the idea of having folders that just sit on a shelf (the few that I have will eventually be sold).

I EDC my 'grail' and use it for everything from opening boxes to cleaning pheasants. I had to put out some auto glass with it a couple months ago. I was very unhappy. Auto glass is tough on knives...

It's a custom piece by Dylan Farnham, and though I didnt pay the entire amount, I did give him some very nice blades to help cover the cost. He quoted me at 1600.00.

...annnd I sort of feel like a douche for saying that.

I EDC my 'grail' and use it for everything from opening boxes to cleaning pheasants. I had to put out some auto glass with it a couple months ago. I was very unhappy. Auto glass is tough on knives...

It's a custom piece by Dylan Farnham, and though I didnt pay the entire amount, I did give him some very nice blades to help cover the cost. He quoted me at 1600.00.

Side window, BTW. No windshields.

I think this is awesome. Do you have any regrets about using it?

I think this is awesome. Do you have any regrets about using it?
None at all. The auto glass incident was a once in a lifetime event (hopefully) The tip was pretty ruined. I sent it back to Dylan and he had it back to me within the week. I love using this knife, it brings me more happiness than most things.

I also apparently really enjoy talking about it...

Exactly. Somehow, this lack of filigree makes it easier to use and abuse. (Okay, fine, I don't exactly "abuse" it, but if I didn't actually carry it in my pocket and use it for general EDC tasks, what's the point of owning it?)

Regards,
Adam

The plain Chris Reeve knives are the same. They are expensive, but they look like tools, not jewelry.

Back