What is the most Expensive EDC you really use?

Shirogorov 111- daily care and use (food primarily)
CRK WC Umnumzaan- daily use and carry (everything not food)
Thorburn A3- not EDC but going out somewhere nice and Sunday carry

I did have several Sebenzas but couldn't bring myself to carry them consistently for fear of damaging them so I sold them all. Right now I've been carrying a Benchmade Amicus 490 in s90v steel. So seems my limit is around the $200 range.

None at all. The auto glass incident was a once in a lifetime event (hopefully) The tip was pretty ruined. I sent it back to Dylan and he had it back to me within the week. I love using this knife, it brings me more happiness than most things.

I also apparently really enjoy talking about it...

If I was carrying that knife and it fell out of my pocket and I lost it..........I would prolly cry like a baby with a full poo-poo diaper after eating Thai chili.

If I was carrying that knife and it fell out of my pocket and I lost it..........I would prolly cry like a baby with a full poo-poo diaper after eating Thai chili.
Same, If this knife were ever lost or confiscated I'd be heartbroken. That's life, though.

Most of my knives see light use. If I need something heavy duty I'll use my Spyderco Aqua Salt or a more appropriate tool. Knives were not designed for cutting down trees or cutting branches. A saw, axe, or hatchet are far more appropriate and useful.

Bradford Guardian 3 (m390) w/ 3d g-wood scales

I know there are a lot more expensive knives out there, but I carry it every day that I can (depending on laws where I go, and what I wear) since I got it, and I use it for everything from food prep to opening boxes to gently batoning (with my hand, not rocks or big branches) wood for fires. My wife will even ask for it when things require a tougher blade than what she carries (delica or dragonfly or opinel), as she knows it will handle what she throws at it, and that I can smooth out any rough spots after the fact....even if I get a little grumpy about it :mad:

As a result, it has a few scuffs and scratches, but each one has a story behind it.... and I look forward to many more stories in the future ... even if I have to resharpen and "fix" all the knives we have again and again and again and again....

A knife is (and should be) a tool that is meant to be used.
If you are not using them and collecting stories, then why have them?

Bradford Guardian 3 (m390) w/ 3d g-wood scales

I know there are a lot more expensive knives out there, but I carry it every day that I can (depending on laws where I go, and what I wear) since I got it, and I use it for everything from food prep to opening boxes to gently batoning (with my hand, not rocks or big branches) wood for fires. My wife will even ask for it when things require a tougher blade than what she carries (delica or dragonfly or opinel), as she knows it will handle what she throws at it, and that I can smooth out any rough spots after the fact....even if I get a little grumpy about it :mad:

As a result, it has a few scuffs and scratches, but each one has a story behind it.... and I look forward to many more stories in the future ... even if I have to resharpen and "fix" all the knives we have again and again and again and again....

A knife is (and should be) a tool that is meant to be used.
If you are not using them and collecting stories, then why have them?
I agree Puleio, and each and every one of those scratches and scrapes give her character. If you don't want her to have any character.....don't use her.

I'll turn it around: what's it to you anyway what someone else likes to see?

Because a lot of people want to see others trash their expensive knives. Are you doubting that the people who posted actually carry their knives?

But once again, whether people use their knives or not, is not really for you to judge.

most of the knives posted look unused :(

So what?

Last edited:
most of the knives posted look unused :(

Yes, some do. Like my Starbenza. The pattern hides a lot of the snail trails & my lack on photography skills has something to do with it too. It really does make me smile to see honest wear on my Sebenza & Hinderers & my favorite guns, like my Wilson CQB.

Not an EDC, but it does see a whole lot of carry and use, and the first "expensive" knife I really beat on, my Dark Timber Honey Badger. Most expensive knives I worry about resale value, but I don't see myself selling this one.

Back