What is this? Original Mean Street Proto?

Jon E Walker

Gold Member
Anybody seen one of these? Looks like a Mean Street without the normal holes and scales.

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 155
Proto. There were two of these, IIRC. One black and one satin. They were pretty thick, over 0.25", and were hollow ground.

Added: I found the thread where Randucci sold this one. The pics aren't up any more, but he describes it well.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/busse-mini-eu-17-hd-sh-e-ms-proto.384609/

Here's a pic, but has the photobucket blur....maybe those of you with photobucket memberships can see it well.

IMG_5140.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, that one is the Lean Mean Street Proto - different knife but super rare. That one brings back memories. I think you bought a lot of my old favorites. :D

Did I get that from you? Or was it - can't recall the name- Issasion or something close to that. I really though I had bought two at the time LOL. I recall the seller worked for Swamp Rat.

And yes I am of the understanding that that is a proto if not THE proto

Yep. You bought two from me. I think there are six of those out in the world.

At the time I sold them to you, I may have been going by TroyH on my Bladeforums account.

Dam I had better find the other it's probably here under an empty bottle

can't recall the name- Issasion or something close to that. I really though I had bought two at the time LOL. I recall the seller worked for Swamp Rat.

You might be thinking of Eric Issacson AKA Porkerson.

Back