what is your best pocket knife at 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I'm in love with my SAK Pioneer and Microtech Ultratech, I think what I consider the best knife in my collection is my PM2. Despite not liking the choil, this knife is a great EDC peice.

20200808-181408.jpg

Lets see if I can remember what I bought this year
-CRK small INKOSI
-CRK LG SEBENZA 21
-Benchmade mini bugout-Orange
-Spyderco manix 2 g10 rex45
-Spyderco native frn 'rex 45
-Ontario rat 1(gift)
-Ontario rat 2 D2
-Hinderer xm-18 3.5" m390 battle bronze spanto
-Hinderer xm-18 3.5" m390 wharncliff
-SAK classic Halloween edition x2
-Chaves 229 ultramar rendencion titanium
......so that's what I have acquired so far in 2020 and I might have missed a few.

He asked what's your best/favorite knife, (singular) not what you bought this year.

We've got different kinds of responses. Some are answering with their favorite knife of 2020. Some are correctly refuting the idea that there haven't been very many new knives in 2020. I suppose it depends on where you are in the market but watching big domestic retailers like BladeHQ, new products show up almost every day. Just today, some of the new Artisan knives in their new budget steel showed up at my favorite retailer. With all the new stuff that's still coming out in 2020, I can't call a favorite just yet.

Sadly, others have been bashing the OP for carrying knives with copied designs or design elements in his shop. The torch and pitchfork brigade here at Blade Forums is as hyperbolic as ever, calling his whole stock a "who's who list of fake counterfeit Chinese made garbage knives". I've wasted a lot of time trying to talk sense with this horde in the past but I suppose it's worth asking. Do you think the owner of Topomart is American? Did you expect him to be familiar with these issues or your perspective on them? Do you think the best way to educate a new member on these issues is to bash them or make fun of them? Is this how we greet someone who joins our community and supports it with a dealer membership?

Sadly, others have been bashing the OP for carrying knives with copied designs or design elements in his shop. The torch and pitchfork brigade here at Blade Forums is as hyperbolic as ever, calling his whole stock a "who's who list of fake counterfeit Chinese made garbage knives". I've wasted a lot of time trying to talk sense with this horde in the past but I suppose it's worth asking. Do you think the owner of Topomart is American? Did you expect him to be familiar with these issues or your perspective on them? Do you think the best way to educate a new member on these issues is to bash them or make fun of them? Is this how we greet someone who joins our community and supports it with a dealer membership?

Good grief...:rolleyes:

Are you serious? A new member? He owns a knife dealership for crying out loud.

Here's a quick answer to all of your questions... I don't care.

We've got different kinds of responses. Some are answering with their favorite knife of 2020. Some are correctly refuting the idea that there haven't been very many new knives in 2020. I suppose it depends on where you are in the market but watching big domestic retailers like BladeHQ, new products show up almost every day. Just today, some of the new Artisan knives in their new budget steel showed up at my favorite retailer. With all the new stuff that's still coming out in 2020, I can't call a favorite just yet.

Selling products that materially harm our community more than cancels out any benefit that may be had from a single dealer. I will happily educate new members on the dangers and consequences of supporting clone and counterfeit companies, I do not extend that courtesy to dealers that should be minimally familiar with the catalogs of so many reputable brands so that they could not help but notice the stolen designs that they're selling.

As for my favorite knife of 2020, a Made in the USA limited edition waved Paramilitary 2 designed by Sal Glesser. An honorable mention goes to the CIVIVI Dogma, which is an exceptionally well made knife for the price, with an attractive, original design.

I've wasted a lot of time trying to talk sense with this horde in the past but I suppose it's worth asking.

Please stop. This guy sells clones, and knives which feature stolen designs. Also, you haven't "talked sense" into anyone. As I recall, the last thread you tried ended up with you so angry that you claimed you'd buy a trash Ganzo every time someone made fun of them. I expect you have hundreds by now, right?

:)

Please stop. This guy sells clones, and knives which feature stolen designs. Also, you haven't "talked sense" into anyone. As I recall, the last thread you tried ended up with you so angry that you claimed you'd buy a trash Ganzo every time someone made fun of them. I expect you have hundreds by now, right?

:)
Gotta be in the 10 000s at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back