What is your EDC gear?

krazichinaman

pew.....IMPACT!.........**PING**
I've been carrying concealed for the past 4.5 years and have always used a 1.5" belt. I just switched over to 1.75: belt yesterday and have noticed a slight difference in carrying. The extra .25" on the belt really does help stabilize the load on my belt!

With all the stuff I EDC I'm starting to feel like batman...without the cool car.

What about everyone else? What do you use? What do you wear? Whats your EDC?

I will do a pocket dump here in a second....

RF pocket: Blade-Tech Ganyana Lite (Orange/Black) clipped, CRK small insingo in leather pocket slip sheath. sometimes my Google Nexus one in a Case Mate Tough Case.

LF pocket: 4 Sevens 2 AA with Tactical clicky switch and normal head. Carmex lipbalm for the and blink contact solution.

Right Rear pocket: Spec Ops "The Wallet Jr." with a small fisher space pen

Left Rear pocket: Orignial Buff in OD.

Shirt: Fox/Mil-Tac pen in OD

Coat RF: Keys with Leatherman squirt P4, Spyderco Lady Bug in H1 SE, Peanut lighter, Photon Micro Light

Left hip: 1 spare mag in a Blade-Tech Single Mag Pouch w/ BTK

Right hip: XD 45 service w/ XS big dot sights and CTC grip. Loaded with 230 grain speer gold dots. Rides in a Blade-Tech Eclipse holster with IWB conversion kit using the Tuckable S-Hooks

This usually stays consistent. I sometime change out whats clipped to my RF pocket and I sometimes switch to my XD Subcompact in 9mm.

Maybe I do an EDC bag dump later.......:foot:

well in my pockets i have as follows (most days, sometimes more almost never less)
spyderco endura or kershaw tremor
spyrerco delica or kershaw chill
leatherman juice
car and dorm keys
money clip and ID ( no money cause im a college kid)
4/7s preon 2 in black
original or wool buff
black bullet space pen
ipod shuffle and Skullcandy ink'd

I have in my backpack
a leatherman wave
spyderco tenacious
1" roll of gorilla tape
BIC lighter
super glue
OD shemagh
the buff not in my pocket
level 1 first aid kit
Bert's bees in mango
flash drive
tweezers
wallet with insurance, memberships ect.
and a nalgene
besides all this i have the normal school stuff
im kinda crazy i know but its easy to carry with a backpack and then i don't have to worry about not having what i need

original or wool buff
black bullet space pen

the buff not in my pocket

Thats too funny! I have both the merino wool (3) and original buff (Too many to count). I have purchased well over 20 and given many away as gifts. I have one in every coat, and 1 in every bag.

hah!

BTW money will come after you finish your college education.

I'll have to try out one of those Buff's :)

My EDC during the week is pretty limited.

Leatherman SuperTool 300
ITP A3 EOS flashlight
ESEE Izula
Keys (with photon freedom and stayglow Vic Classic)
Wallet
Black Space Pen
Dumb phone
Bic

On the weekends or when I'm not working I usually drop the MT and the Izula and switch off between a variety of folders. I also switch over to my MicroStream.

Leatherman squirt ps4 on key chain
Victornox Tinker Small in left front
4seven preon1 left front
Smith and Wesson tac pen right front
and Rat model 1 folder (waved) right front
Unfortunately not old enough to carry a gun, but lookin forward to that day

I'm currently deployed, so I carry some stuff here that I wouldn't in the States.

Like you, I have recently received a new, wider Wilderness belt. I like the narrower belt for regular pants and jeans in civilian life, but the 1.5 belt allows my military pants, with their wider belt loops, to curl down. I think the 1.75 will fix that. Here's a recent list...

Nokia phone (model unknown)
pen
hard-sided notebook
Beretta M9 in BladeTech level 2 holster
spare M9 mag in BT carrier
Gerber 06 automatic knife
red Photon 2 microlight
Gerber Shard
keys
Ice Breakers Ice Cubes gum
travel toothpaste and brush
wallet
patrol cap
fleece cap
fleece gloves
Revision Hellfly glasses
lighter
ear plugs
hand warmers
Blistik
ElZetta ZFL-M60
Cigar Savor cutter

This was a list from a month ago. Think I've lost the cutter. :( Used my Spyderco Dragonfly H1 on my Montecristo today. Worked fairly well. :) I gave away the Gerber auto. I bought a Spyderco Embassy. Also carrying the Spyderco Dragonfly I mentioned.

John

Last edited:
I'm currently deployed, so I carry some stuff here that I wouldn't in the States.

Like you, I have recently received a new, wider Wilderness belt. I like the narrower belt for regular pants and jeans in civilian life, but the 1.5 belt allows my military pants, with their wider belt loops, to curl down. I think the 1.75 will fix that. Here's a recent list...

Beretta M9 in BladeTech level 2 holster
spare M9 mag in BT carrier
John

Glad to hear you are doing well over seas. Glad to hear your BT products are serving you well!

Thank You for your service!

I carry a XD9sc,iphone,leatherman wave, Blade Tech Pro hunter or swap with my SAK Rucksack,Streamlight microstream led, chapstick,oakley half jackets and ball cap.

I carry a XD9sc,iphone,leatherman wave, Blade Tech Pro hunter or swap with my SAK Rucksack,Streamlight microstream led, chapstick,oakley half jackets and ball cap.

I carry a XD 9 SC too if I want to deep conceal. Do you have anything done to yours? I have crimson trace laser grips and XD big dot sites.

no, my XD9 SC & my XD9 od green 4" service model are both factory .....
I have several different lefty holster,trying to find the most comfy carry.... Don Hume IWB ,Galco kydex,DeSantis ankle ,Desantis IWB.... all work but still searching LOL :D
only thing I'd like to do is add Trijicon night sights to both ;)

I say give us a shot for a holster. I personally wear my OD sub 9mm in my 4" service holsters. Personally, I carry them in our Eclipse holster with our IWB conversion kit running the 1.5" razor loops. Check it out and let me know what you think of it.

email me a link or some pics
my Don Hume holster is for my 4" but I carry my XD9SC in it :D

Last edited:
What I would like to see from Blade-tech is a kydex pocket holster for the Kahr, Ruger and Keltec pocket gun lineup. Something that is absolutely minimalist (which is why we pocket carry to begin with), and maybe a little thumb tab or something to aid extraction. Big seller.

I have probably a dozen Blade-tech IWB holsters from back in the day, but like many folks, have transitioned solely to pocket carry.

This is how I roll:

Right front pocket - Speed strip carrying 6 .38 +P rounds and Benchmade Aphid or SOG Flash I
Left front pocket - HTC Rezound
Right hip pocket - wallet
Left hip pocket - hanky and Benchmade Mini Grip clipped to pocket
Right hip at 4:00 - S&W M&P 45 Compact in a K&D Thunderbird Defender IWB holster on a Don Hume 1.25" Trouser Belt
Left hip - 2 reloads in a Don Hume double mag carrier
Inside left ankle - S&W 442 in a Desantis Apache

Here is my basic Urban carry.

Right front pocket: Spydie Delica Saber grind
Right front watch pocket: my keys with a SAK Rambler (only have house, padlack and desk key)
Left front pocket: Drivers license, debit card, few business cards in nylon card holder with my cash over that. Dont carry wallet unless I need my credit card! Wallet stays in desk.
Left back pocket: orange bandana
Right back pocket: nothing

Within my jacket pockets: Left outside: iTP A3 EOS upgrade flashlight, Inside left pocket: dumb phone and pen, Right outside: car key (if I drive).

In my jacket I have two left and right outside pockets (one zips, one open) and one inside pocket. I also carry a couple of napkins and toothpicks in the second left hand pocket.

No gun but we (me and the misses) have been discussing getting a pistol or two and maybe one rifle. Just started looking around.

Make sure that you and the misses take a safety seminar too so you both are properly trained!

Here is my basic Urban carry.

Right front pocket: Spydie Delica Saber grind
Right front watch pocket: my keys with a SAK Rambler (only have house, padlack and desk key)
Left front pocket: Drivers license, debit card, few business cards in nylon card holder with my cash over that. Dont carry wallet unless I need my credit card! Wallet stays in desk.
Left back pocket: orange bandana
Right back pocket: nothing

Within my jacket pockets: Left outside: iTP A3 EOS upgrade flashlight, Inside left pocket: dumb phone and pen, Right outside: car key (if I drive).

In my jacket I have two left and right outside pockets (one zips, one open) and one inside pocket. I also carry a couple of napkins and toothpicks in the second left hand pocket.

No gun but we (me and the misses) have been discussing getting a pistol or two and maybe one rifle. Just started looking around.

take a safety seminar too so you both are properly trained

Strongly agree. There's usually a NRA-certified trainer nearby that will offer CCL/CCW training very reasonably.

John

I carry a BOB everywhere I go so I usually have:

SA XD9 Subcompact or CZ P-01
Keltec P3AT
One of my fine EDC carries
Compass
Treble hook and paracord
Flashlight - usually one of my Surefires
knife sharpening stuff plus loaded strop
Extra mags with ammo
Becker BK11
Spyderco Yellow Pacific Salt
Becker BK9 in my truck with cord
SAK
Tweezers
First aid
Compact bincoculars
Extra watch other than the one on my wrist
Batteries for flashlight
Multi-tool
Torx kit for knives
Contact lenses
Two different IWB holsters for my CCW's
And a slew of other smaller items

What I would like to see from Blade-tech is a kydex pocket holster for the Kahr, Ruger and Keltec pocket gun lineup. Something that is absolutely minimalist (which is why we pocket carry to begin with), and maybe a little thumb tab or something to aid extraction. Big seller.

I have probably a dozen Blade-tech IWB holsters from back in the day, but like many folks, have transitioned solely to pocket carry.

Amen brother! I'm carryin' 2 of the 3 you mentioned, (depending on jeans or shorts) & I went with a custom leather pocket holster for my Kahr. There's literally no real good options on the market for it!

Check out our 2012 catalog. We have partnered up with our friends Looper out of OKC and together we offer pocket holsters for your smaller firearms!

Amen brother! I'm carryin' 2 of the 3 you mentioned, (depending on jeans or shorts) & I went with a custom leather pocket holster for my Kahr. There's literally no real good options on the market for it!

Back