RP: Phone, Umnumzaan
BRP: Saddleback Large bi-fold
BLP: Fenix E15, handkerchief
Shirt: Lamy 2000 EF

LF: Cellphone
RF: Victorinox Farmer or wenger S18
LR: papers
RR: money
HIP: leatherman wave w maglite solitaire or LM freestyle or vic farmer or custom balisong or s&w specops...
SADDLE: Victorinox Equestrain & 13inch machete & army firesteel & Petzl Tactikka XP Adapt headlamp

all of that in made-by-me sheaths.

Last edited:
watch
car keys
wallet
pocket lint

cell phone when I don't forget it.

some times a knife

Thats too funny! I have both the merino wool (3) and original buff (Too many to count). I have purchased well over 20 and given many away as gifts. I have one in every coat, and 1 in every bag.

hah!

BTW money will come after you finish your college education.

What's a buff???

It is a multi use microfiberish type of cloth that is a tube. Sounds weird, but they are EXTREMELY useful. I wear mine around my neck when its cold, over my face as a temp dust mask and when I'm at the range to protect myself from hot brass going down my shirt (trust me, it really hurts). When I'm not wearing it, its in my back pocket as a handkerchief.

https://www.buffwear.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/52

What's a buff???

What's a buff???

Oh, a neck gater/gaiter. I have two with me, one which rides in my CW jacket. Became a true believe in them when I was originally an infantryman.

J

NiteIze pouch:
Leatherman Supertool 300 or something similar
Maglite 2AA with LED and Bust-a-Cap
Black Sharpie
black bullet Space Pen
Spyderco Rescue Jr w/ orange Zytel
Micro 3" Widgy pry bar
whistle

Sharp thing in pocket or on belt, as appropriate: Either-
Spyderco Endura (FFG VG-10 or hollow ground ZDP-189) or
Benchmade Griptilian or
Izula II or
Blind Horse Frontier First or Large Tiger Knapp or
Becker Remora or
another of several knives

First aid kit in a Maxpedition M-5 Waistpack

SureFire light w/4 spare batteries
compass

I hope everyone will forgive me for reopening the old thread and then hijacking it (!) but it SEEMED relevant to me...

After I asked, "What's a Buff?" I ironically have tried one and love it.

After I first asked I seen them in a store and picked one out and told the wife I was going to buy it, but I've NEVER worn a bandana in my life, so she suggested I wouldn't wear it. I finally put it back as I DIDN'T wear bandanas or "do-rags" of any sort.

However, I was hiking a couple weeks ago and the sweat was rolling. Years ago, it never bothered me-it was no more than water in my face, but as I've gotten older, it DOES bother me. I doubt the sweat has changed...it's probably my eyes, as I now have "dry eye" syndrome and they are very sensitive. I finished out that day with a real bandana that I had on the pack, but had to tie it tight behind my big noggin and it kept sliding down, or coming untied. I decided then that a Buff was in my future, and I picked up a UV Buff a few days later. Thursday was the first hike I'd carried it on... After the initial climb, I was starting to sweat and I whipped it out. I first wore it in simple tube fashion, but was distracted by it blowing around the back of my neck. After that I flipped it into the "pirate" mode to tighten the profile against the head. I wore it like that the rest of the day and I never even noticed it, but it didn't allow a MOLECULE of sweat to roll off my brow. LUV IT!

And a cool pic:

copy buff final.jpg

Heh told you buffs were awesome! I carry one everyday in my LH rear pocket. I also have 1 in my EDC bag and another in the car. I literally have Buffs everywhere and one xmas everyone got them. Don't know how the winter is like in NC, but try the merino wool buff. It does AWESOME in the cold.

0052.jpg

Any issues with your pea lighter coming unscrewed in your pocket? I used to carry a peanut all the time, it just kept on coming loose in my pocket though.

Glock 32 .357 crkt m21 t.m.huntcustomknives magua and the neck knife is a modified magua

People have carried stuff for aeons. The whole edc idea is a bad joke

Very true, people have been carrying stuff for aeons. The gear they have carried has changed over time. Its always fun to see what others are carrying to see if it would help you in anyway.

Glock 32 .357 crkt m21 t.m.huntcustomknives magua and the neck knife is a modified magua
Great setup. The .357 sig is an awesome round! Do you also carry a spare mag daily?

Back