What is your favorite color knife handle?

I like black or a dark blue but my favorite color might be a run of purple G10 that Spyderco used earlier this year.
My EDC is actually titanium and wood.

I like black overall but also like orange so, I took some spare parts and a spare blade that I had on hand and made a mixed orange and black 551 Griptilian.

izx1ziq.jpg

Not much I don't like . Ivory Corian I like a lot , I'm pretty sure no production makers offer it . It is easy to work and polishes up nice . Also it takes Scrimshaw work very well . Click to enlarge . I started some Scrimshaw , the edge angle at the Guard . One day I'll finish it up .
006 by mark westi, on Flickr

Fancy Dress/Office/Church/Sunday School, etc.:
Abalone, Mother of Pearl and Black Lip Pearl. (sorry, no picture. They aren't with me.)

Every Day/Work/Recreation (hunting, fishing, camping, etc.:
Medium/Dark woods with lots of grain, such as Walnut, Oak, Teak, and Cherry, among others. (sorry, no picture. All my knives with wood covers are also 3,300 miles away in South Florida.)
Yellow, some Greens, and Old or New Schrade/Old Timer Saw Cut Delrin.
View attachment 1484829

For Eddyfication if you don't know the differences:
The 7OT lockback, right rear, middle stockman on left, and Ulster Barlow, in front are old/vintage pre-2004 Schrade Saw Cut Delrin. The Scout and rear-most stockman are the "new" post 2004 Saw Cut Delrin. Taylor Schrade and BTI Schrade used/use different colors on the Saw Cut Delrin (there is also a difference in the "saw cut" grooves) to help prevent post 2004 manufacture being passed off as pre-2004 manufacture, by unscrupulous sellers.) In the case of the 1978-1986 Old Timer 858 stockman (left center), and the BTI 858OT stockman (left rear), the vintage 858 is 4.625 inches closed. The offshore made 858OT is only 4.5 inches closed.

The Yellow example is a Rough Ryder Classic Carbon. The Green is a Rough Ryder "A Stroke of Luck".
The Ulster Barlow is circa 1958-1967, and not part of the Prince Albert tobacco promotion/specials/offer.

An Joyful 2021 and beyond to y'all. :D

Last edited:
It's Orange for me too! These are most of the current knives I have in Orange. I just sold/gave away three other orange knives. I also have two more orange flashlights in the mail to me right now, two orange umbrellas, an orange pen, orange sheath for my running rig, orange bandannas, orange water bottle, and orange paracord on various items. I drive an orange car too, and have an orange Resqme tool inside, along with and organizer inside with orange trim. Oh yeah, my wife is picking me up some Rit Dye tonight, on her way home from work, so I can try and dye the scale of my newest knife orange. So yeah, I like orange...
Krumay6.jpg

Back